Demo?

BFC has not officially announced anything about when the demo will be released.

However, if past history is any indicator, the demo will come out right around the same time as the official release date (July 27).

Reason is that BFC is a small company, so they don't have the resources to assign a second team to figuring out what should go into the demo, paring down the code etc. Same guys that create the game, have to create the demo. Obviously, they can't do both simultaneously.

So their philosophy is, finish the game first, *then* turn to other tasks like creating the demo.

Patience. Only 4 weeks to go. ;)

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

BFC has not officially announced anything about when the demo will be released.

However, if past history is any indicator, the demo will come out right around the same time as the official release date (July 27).

Reason is that BFC is a small company, so they don't have the resources to assign a second team to figuring out what should go into the demo, paring down the code etc. Same guys that create the game, have to create the demo. Obviously, they can't do both simultaneously.

So their philosophy is, finish the game first, *then* turn to other tasks like creating the demo.

Patience. Only 4 weeks to go. ;)

Cheers,

YD

I agree with you and I can add, if BFC team has announced the release date (27 July) the game is already finished IMO, maybe they work on the demo ? ...

Pat

No, the game is probably not quite finished, but it's probably very close. At this point, they're probably mostly chasing down minor bugs, tweaking graphics stuff, etc.

We'll know when the game is finished, because BFC will make a "Gone Gold" announcement, meaning that the code for the initial release is finished and locked, and they are moving on to the next step before release: Duplicating CDs, setting up servers for downloads, etc.

Since it usually takes at least two weeks to go from Gone Gold to actually shipping/downloading, I would expect the Gone Gold announcement any day now.

As soon as the code is Gold, I'm sure BFC will turn their attention to making an interesting demo for everyone to try.

Cheers,

YD

I remember the demo of my first Combat Mission game - Beyond Overlord....it made me buy the game...and that game was (and still is) awesome:) I trust in BFC and preordered the game blindly, but I just want the demo to have a bit of the game to play with before I can download the full version from BFC servers:)

Getting to play the demo before release would be great, but personally I'd rather have a chance to start reading the manual right now. I figure the game is complex enough that it'll take a few weeks to understand all the new info.

So split the difference and get the manual and demo out before the release date? smile.gif

Two things caused me to purchase CMBO. Reading an AAR with pics, and playing the demo. Of the two the demo was really what sealed the deal for me.

However since I've already pre-ordered, a demo is really moot for me at this point. smile.gif

Cheers,

Darryl

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Achim:

This time i dont preorder ....

I have learned from the Theatre of War "desaster".

I want a demo first,plz.

Always a wise thing to do, but remember that 1C never had their hands on SF. :cool: </font>