3 Questions ???

Can't find the answers in search unless I'm using the wrong words...

The aquire button, is that for getting things out of vechs.? If so can you get normal weapon ammo for your squads and what other items ??

Is there an option to only fire the M-203 grenade launcher etc... built in ? Say I only want the grenadier to shoot grenades from an ambush.

With the controls listed on the bottom left of the screen is the less tactical options that the previous CM games or are there hidden options where you select a button ?

Sorry if these have been covered before.

From the top of my head:

You can tell a unit to engage with a certain weapon so yes you can attack with just the m203.

CM:SF has 4 tabs of orders with each tab having 9 orders and you can link the orders up, so it's much more complex than CMx1

Here's the link to an explanation:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=000537

Oh and I think the orders have been moved to the right side now!

Aquire = Extra ammo for rifles/MGs. Also AT weapons.

No option to fire just one type of weapon system. The TAC AI handles what weapon to employ. (Unless I am totally missing something, I double check the manual.)

CMSF acually has 4 tabs. Movement (Move, slow, hunt... ect.), Targets/combat (Target, Target Light, Coverage Arc ect...), Special Commands (Pause, pop smoke, hide, unbutton ect...), Admin Commands (Split Team, AT Team, Assault Team... ect).

Originally posted by SGT_56M:

No option to fire just one type of weapon system. The TAC AI handles what weapon to employ. (Unless I am totally missing something, I double check the manual.)

Yup you are correct SGT_56M, though this ability is something we shall expand on in the future.

Originally posted by Flanker15:

Ok I was probably thinking of another game, speaking of which maybe you should try the Steel Panthers method of engaging with one weapon?

Please no. That sucked. Has to be more intuitive than going through a unit properties window, if implemented at all.

On the bright side, if you've got a unit in possession of a 'primary weapon' targetting will usually bring that weapon to bear (to bare?). There's an alternate 'Target Light' command if you only want small arms used. Issues may arise when you and the AI disagree on the definition of 'primary weapon'. Everyone agrees Javelin or the Syrian AGS-17 grenade launcher would be 'primary'. But AT4 LAW is used at the discretion of the AI, rather like Panzerfaust or rifle grenades in CMx1.

[ July 16, 2007, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Engineers are included (on both sides) so someone in the game's going to be toting around satchel charges (or demo charges or whatever the 'modern' name for those things is) to blow things up real good. "Blast" wouldn't be a command you'd give to your squad to fire their AT4 :D