Hand held anti tank weapons in CMSF

Guest Guest

I think that they're throwing the same old frag grenades they use against infantry. The only AFVs I've seen actually succumb to grenades are BMPs, BRDMs and similarily armored vehicles, which could make sense considering their vulnerability to rifle munitions. For tanks and such, the idea is probably to ruin optics and other sensitive gear, rather than knock out the vehicle entirely.

I dont' think it's just hand grenades... After all i've been taking T-72's out with them. They dont' destory it, but causes mobility kill and forces crew to get out from vehicle. Against Bradleys i think they cause mostly mobility kills. Strykers are easy to get knocked out, i think.

Infact when playing forestfighting scenarios with trenches. I've noticed that it's better to let tank come close and then take it out with grenades or atleast cut it's track... Better way than RPGs are in those conditions :D

Syrians are armed with only two types of hand grenades:

RGD-5 (fragmentation)

RGD-1 (smoke)

The notion of hand held AT weapons is long over. An AT-4, RPG-18, or other such thing is much more effective. But when you don't have one, and the enemy vehicle is within throwing distance of a regular grenade, then by all means have a go with a frag :D Best it can do is a mobility kill.

Steve

In v1.08 a rain of Syrian handgrenades will make an Abrams crew bail out. (There may have been other circumstances: the tank may have been immobilized by RPG's; the tank may have been immobilized by the grenades - I don't remember.)

Regards,

Ken

I thought pestering an MBT with hand grenades is never a good idea. Were I in a trench, I wouldn't want to attract the antention of a tank without a decent AT weapon at hand.

Hey, what about the RKG-3 AT grenades?