We desperately need new bones!

c3k

Steve et al.,

I just browsed the bone thread of several days past. It has been focused on a discussion of a fictional compressed air car and the relative merits of such an approach versus a standard fossil fuel fed internal combustion engine.

Dear God, man! Don't you see? That's a pathetic attempt to breathe life into a dead thread. There are too many pasty white, overweight men sitting in their basements anxiously awaiting more news on CM:SF. Help them. Help us all.

YOU can make a difference: post something NOW!!

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

Steve et al.,

I just browsed the bone thread of several days past. It has been focused on a discussion of a fictional compressed air car and the relative merits of such an approach versus a standard fossil fuel fed internal combustion engine.

Dear God, man! Don't you see? That's a pathetic attempt to breathe life into a dead thread. There are too many pasty white, overweight men sitting in their basements anxiously awaiting more news on CM:SF. Help them. Help us all.

YOU can make a difference: post something NOW!!

Thanks,

Ken

Sort of like taking alcoholics out to the bar? I say sitting around in your basement is unhealthy; go out, forgot about computer games, take a walk, talk to some girls, get some fresh air, stop whining in open forum about stuff you're not going to have any influence over. You'll be amazed what some colour in your skin from the sun and losing 5 pounds will do for your self-esteem.

Regardless, it is a good suggestion... and what with the mild winter that this has been?! Hell, maybe he makes the 11 posts daily at work --hence the consistency -- and then heads out for a 10 mile run daily. ;) Right Dorosh?

[ January 31, 2006, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: VonWebb ]

After a prolongued drought of new factoids on CMSF they finally threw a decent new bone for the dogs to fight over just last week. Now you to immediately turn around and like Oliver Twist ask "May I have some more"? :eek:

Okay, extending the Oliver Twist metaphor further, maybe you've been starving for new info and this most recent dry bone simply hasn't been enough to relieve the rumbling in your poor empty tummy. Sounds like you demand a substabtial nourishing bone!

Seanachai

Put down?!? So, you think having two prolific posters come crashing upon me is not "put down" enough? Dorosh has nearly 21,000 posts. You, yourself, seem to have spasmodically been able to bump the "post" button some 7,845 times. That would add up almost to the great weight of 30,000 posts stacked upon my frail shoulders; screaming at me for daring to ask the gods for a favor.

How do I bear this weight? Well, Dorosh's posts, could (by those of little discrimination) be regarded - at a stretch - as attempting to be constructive. Regardless, it's obvious he has a passion. But we don't need to delve into his psyche. Your psyche I would feign jab at with a scrap of wood, lest it squirm and spout out something. Much like what you've posted, lo' those 78 hundred times.

Indeed, I take your postings to be more like ANTI-postings. So, instead of bearing under the weight of almost 30,000 postings berating me, I subtract yours off of the total. They negate the good, positive posts. Hence, it seems as if I'm only being excoriated by a mere 12,932 posts.

Be gone.

(Sigh. Dorosh. Okay, here goes: As much as it's easy to poke fun at someone with some thousand score posts as being pasty white, overweight and living in Mom's basement, that's NOT my mental vision of our prolific Canadian. Have any of you seen the movie - might be called "The Red Devils" - about the WWII special forces unit which combined U.S. Rangers with Canadian volunteers of some sort? Hal Halbrook may've been the lead role. Anyhow, the Canadians had some sort of strapping Regimental Sergeant Major with a HUGE handlebar mustache. Tough bugger, never quit. I imagine Dorosh as being the spitting image (kilt and all?), but with some sort of high-tech, body-mounted, voice-activated, broadband-connection. As he runs about his farm in Canada, telephone pole across one shoulder for exercise, he posts replies through his microphone.)

Regards,

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

Seanachai

Put down?!? So, you think having two prolific posters come crashing upon me is not "put down" enough? Dorosh has nearly 21,000 posts. You, yourself, seem to have spasmodically been able to bump the "post" button some 7,845 times. That would add up almost to the great weight of 30,000 posts stacked upon my frail shoulders; screaming at me for daring to ask the gods for a favor.Regards,

Ken

Bah! I now wave my hand at you. Dorosh's posts are as light as death. Mine are as heavy as duty.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Blah - you flatter yourself. Of those 30,001 posts, only three were directed in your vicinity. Even an ex-wife wouldn't waste 30,000 posts telling you that you're a feckless git. :mad:

I could be bounded within the entirety of Grog Dorosh's 30,000 posts, and yet count myself the lord of infinite space, because he leaves so much of reality - unexplored.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Blah - you flatter yourself. Of those 30,001 posts, only three were directed in your vicinity. Even an ex-wife wouldn't waste 30,000 posts telling you that you're a feckless git. :mad:

I could be bounded within the entirety of Grog Dorosh's 30,000 posts, and yet count myself the lord of infinite space, because he leaves so much of reality - unexplored. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

[ Last night Bugged and I cavorted on a grassy stream bank as wild kittens rummaged through a discarded overcoat for live mice. Reminded me of the bone scavengers on this site, really.

Man. I used to pay $6 a tab for what you seem to regard as reality. It just goes to show: One man's paid-for drug induced hallucination is another man's desperately clutched belief that he's actually experiencing something.

Or something like that.

I never said I was Buddha.

Oh my.

There was once a bone. Then posters saw the bone. Instead of properly using the bone, they talked of gas powered conveyances. Like a bloated cow, chewing cud, venting methane, and sauntering about a pasture, only mechanical and found on the web, but not for real.

One monkey left the crowd. He threw the bone up to the gods. The gods dropped a coke bottle on his head. But that's a different story.

Now, instead of gas-venting rides, this bone thread became all about Dorosh cavorting with kittens on a streambank. I told you we don't want to explore his psyche. Lest this continue, Dorosh, we don't need to know how to properly combine duct tape with catnip so a nude-Dorosh can find his passion. That image was so overwhelmingly polluted, I turned to the next post to in the false hope of expurgating it.

(Big breath....)

Instead we have Seanachai, withered limbs clutching a Tab, sucking at the empty hole in the can, much as he's been doing since he last drank of it in July of 1972, refusing to acknowledge the marketplace has resoundingly denounced that soft-drink as a failure and as a cause of mental deficiencies, much like lead, but worse, and in his deluded state, claiming, through denial, that Buddha, in all his glory, belly protuding, can actually find his genitals, which Seanachai has not been able to see, let alone use, since Tab cost $6 a case.

Did I get it right?

Ken