Wind

Guest Guest

I would also like to know how wind and all the other environmental conditions affect the game mechanics. Temperature obviously affects fatigue and wind obviously affects smoke.

Does wind and/or temperature affect artillery or air support missions/weapons in any way?

Can IR guided weapons be affected by IR background clutter in the game?

Does a strong wind significantly affect ballistics, rockets and missles in this game, especially older Russian wire guided missiles ones?

Its been a loooong time since I tested this, but at least a some point a strong cross wind would really mess with your ATGM flight. Not even a reliable old TOW is supposed to be fired into the teeth of a howling gale! It should have a REALLY BIG effect on RPG accuracy. I should revive that test and check it out again.

Another effect of wind is on smoke. Is your popped smoke going to slowly drift in the enemy's direction or quickly blow behind you?

Originally posted by Mord:

I am pretty sure in the old engine it could effect which way fire spread/moved...but as far as I know there is no fire in CMSF.

Mord.

P.S. Mishga...does your husband play CM too?

He would do but CM:SF won't work on his machine due to paradox copyright thingy-majig. So I make him tons of little crappy scenarios to keep him happy. smile.gif