Will this be Syria's response to CMSF as well?

I didn't know they were making a Mercenaries 2! I gotta snag me a PS3 and a copy, if it gets released that is. Silly Venezuela, i suppose they never heard of Monroe Doctrine, if we still follow that anyway, do we?

anyway, sure, this will definetly help popularize a game like CMSF that doesnt get a whole lot of exposure, but hopefully not to the point where production has to be halted by the government because the Syrians get so offended, probably won't happen though, they probably never heard of Comat Mission anyway...

Sequoia,

Good point! Seems to me that BFC would have even less of a leg to stand on than Pandemic, though offsetting this would likely be a much lower market profile. OTOH, BFC might have to consider international ramifications that Pandemic doesn't, thanks to things like the special Australian Defense version of CMAK.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well I wasn't trying to make a political point. The Article has had a BBC News front page link for two days now. Battlefront would love such exposure I would think. Paradox got a lot of free press when Hearts of Iron was banned in China.

The Syrians I work with have taken the news of a US vs Syria war game rather indifferently. None are gamers (most are Islamic and Arabic teachers) and fairly conservative. A few worried that the game might be part of a plot by the 'hidden hand' that affects all ME thinking. A few viewed it cynically as a way to make money out of a difficult present/future situation.

A few looked at it as part of the conspiracy against Syria and the concept of Greater Syria and Pan Arabism. They thought such a development would be backed by the US government as part of its plans to destablize Suriyah.

But mainly indifference/non comprehension. War gaming isn't well developed in Syria. I suspect their sons might be better to ask.

If BFC wants to generate an official response to the game I do have a connection to the local Syrian Embassy. However that individual is an Alawite and probably wouldn't like the idea at all.