So...who is good with the map editor?

Guest Guest

Mind if the map is rotated clockwise a bit? Will make the main roads and intersection more accurate coz the editor don't allow such a gentle angle as that shown. Be able to get spacings more precise if the roads come in at 90 degrees.

Also the scale on the photo - at the far right it says 503m yet based on the scale bar of 224m I work out the map to be 896m x 640m [0.7m per pixel, 1280 x 915 pixel image] so I going with 0.7m per pixel for consistency anyway, hope that's OK.

BTW I think this thread should maybe be moved to Scenario Design? Don't know how to do that though, will leave it with you and hack on anyway.

Originally posted by Adam1:

On the scale, the line on the bottom left is 112m long from tip to tip, not 224. The 503m on the bottom right was just the camera elevation.

Much cursing & gnashing of teeth and my wrong assumption! I read the 112m as the halfway point. Bummer. OK, well will scratch all that and start again then.No wuckers, still raining smile.gif

I did this kind of map of my old neighborhood in CMBO. It was interesting for a short while. Then it was always back to more plausible settings. One thing that was cool was "blowing up" my ex-girlfriends "house" with a Panther and defending mine. I think I called the scenario "Cowboys and Indians" but never posted it since it had limited appeal.

Hey! I played a scenario called "Cowboys and Indians" in CMBO but it was TOTALLY unbalanced.

Suddenly some some guy used an uber-panther against my "HQ".

See, I'd met this chick in a bar and we went back to her place. Next thing I knew, I had a new scenario on my HARD-DRIVE. smile.gif Then, that damn panther showed up. Now it all makes sense....

smile.gif

Cheers,

Ken

Ah ... its now coming back to me. The BMW side car. Two small figures in my binoculars. One looking like Tony Romo with "my girl". Back into the Panther. Tank team on a mission.

Parents out to dinner so why not .. BAMN.

Romo smashed. A lone figure in my sites.

Do I spare her? ... <Moving from hull down to the crest.>

Originally posted by Sequoia:

Who would win between Wolverine and a Abrams?

I suspect he'd just shred a couple of track links then hop up and start pulling the hatches open and either kill the crew or chuck them on the ground depending on his mood.

Oh, and btw: Iron Man Movie

Robert Downey's casting will either be a train wreck on an epic scale or a "deranged stoner" tour de force on a par with Depp in Pirates, Thornton in Bad Santa (unrated) or Dennis Hopper and Harry Dean Stanton in anything. Regardless, I can't look away.

And I wonder if they'll remix the Black Sabbath classic for the title score. That would mildly rock. :D