Cliff.....

As I understand steves posts so far we will have 8x8 tiles with overlays and a contour system with 1m intervals.

This means that if you put acontour line 1m higher than your first 80m away, you get a 1 in 80 slope.

What I want to know is can you put contours closer than 8m apart, or is it free hand that would let you put an 80m contour 1m from a1m to create an 80 in 1 sheer cliff face.

This raises issues particularly about graphics, as as well all know things like steep wooded slopes just looked weird.

True combat in these extreme terrain types was relatively rare and it's WW2 not Lord of the Rings, but I'd be interested in any ideas about just how the interaction between the new graphics and the elevation system is going to work.

If we can put contours 1m apart then in theory we should be able to do ditches running parallel to roads.

ie Level (0m), -1m then 1m later -1m, then level (0m), for the road and the same at the other side. still not perfect but miles bettter than the CM1 option of "just pretend there are ditches.

Peter

As I understand steves posts so far we will have 8x8 tiles with overlays and a contour system with 1m intervals.

This means that if you put acontour line 1m higher than your first 80m away, you get a 1 in 80 slope.

What I want to know is can you put contours closer than 8m apart, or is it free hand that would let you put an 80m contour 1m from a1m to create an 80 in 1 sheer cliff face.

This raises issues particularly about graphics, as as well all know things like steep wooded slopes just looked weird.

True combat in these extreme terrain types was relatively rare and it's WW2 not Lord of the Rings, but I'd be interested in any ideas about just how the interaction between the new graphics and the elevation system is going to work.

If we can put contours 1m apart then in theory we should be able to do ditches running parallel to roads.

ie Level (0m), -1m then 1m later -1m, then level (0m), for the road and the same at the other side. still not perfect but miles bettter than the CM1 option of "just pretend there are ditches.

Peter

Peter

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

should be able to do ditches running parallel to roads.

Peter

I believe Steve mentioned in one of the terrain threads that the underlying terrain mesh can be made in any configuration at the 1m scale- height included. So I don't see why a ditch would pose much of a problem, nor a craggy cliff for that matter.

Peter

I believe Steve mentioned in one of the terrain threads that the underlying terrain mesh can be made in any configuration at the 1m scale- height included. So I don't see why a ditch would pose much of a problem, nor a craggy cliff for that matter.

Peter

Originally posted by Gromit:

So building a road with a ditch on either side would have you place the road tile and then add in the ditches on each individual tile.

I think we'll see a fall in the number of big maps being made :D .

Of course big is out for CMx2. A company is the new battalion, baby !

So building a road with a ditch on either side would have you place the road tile and then add in the ditches on each individual tile.