Bring back the control arrows to the GUI

I downloaded the demo. And I got frustrated because there were no familiar control arrows like in CMX1 games. I think one greatness of CMX1 games was relative intuitive and easy to use GUI (control buttons), like in chess (that ancient board game) user interface is quite simple, but itself the game is quite complex and has depth. (It did not take not much time to learn to play game, much more of course to master it)

It would good that GUI would be changed, so that control arrows would be there.

If understand about programming that would be not very difficult as you have probably used modular programming (separate GUI, separate game engine).

Maybe beta testers have told about this when they tested this game

And you (Battlefront.com) had good reasons to get rid of those control arrows from CMSF?

I mean now with these new user interface it gets more effort to familiarize with new GUI and all the keyboard keys which are used in the game.

I downloaded the demo. And I got frustrated because there were no familiar control arrows like in CMX1 games. I think one greatness of CMX1 games was relative intuitive and easy to use GUI (control buttons), like in chess (that ancient board game) user interface is quite simple, but itself the game is quite complex and has depth. (It did not take not much time to learn to play game, much more of course to master it)

If understand about programming that would be not very difficult as you have probably used modular programming (separate GUI, separate game engine).

And you (Battlefront.com) had good reasons to get rid of those control arrows from CMSF?

I mean now with these new user interface it gets more effort to familiarize with new GUI and all the keyboard keys which are used in the game.

Try to use the mouse vor camera control/movement.

I had the same problems initially. Now I left-click/move mouse and ctrl-left-click to move around, right-click/move mouse to pan the camera and use the scroll wheel for adjusting height. Works like a charm. As much as I still don't really like the orders menu I really like the new camera controls.

BTW I never used the camera control buttons in CMx1. Well, at least not since playing Valley of Trouble for the first 10 minutes... ;)

I had the same problems initially. Now I left-click/move mouse and ctrl-left-click to move around, right-click/move mouse to pan the camera and use the scroll wheel for adjusting height. Works like a charm. As much as I still don't really like the orders menu I really like the new camera controls.

BTW I never used the camera control buttons in CMx1. Well, at least not since playing Valley of Trouble for the first 10 minutes... ;)

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Ok I will try. Thanks for help

Maybe I did not use so much control arrows CMX1 games but other means to move the view, rotate camera (mouse), I like more the old control system. I felt anyway controlling, rotating and moving very clumsy in this CMSF

Maybe I did not use so much control arrows CMX1 games but other means to move the view, rotate camera (mouse), I like more the old control system. I felt anyway controlling, rotating and moving very clumsy in this CMSF

I concur, at first I didn't get to grips with the new system but soon I started trying to use the CMSF camara controls in CMBB and CMAK. I totally agree about the orders as well.

I concur, at first I didn't get to grips with the new system but soon I started trying to use the CMSF camara controls in CMBB and CMAK. I totally agree about the orders as well.

Originally posted by Molotov Cocktail:

One of the reasons that I never really got into CM x1 was because of the camera controls. They were way too cumbersome to use. I can't exaggerate the extent to which I prefer the new ones.

PoE

One of the reasons that I never really got into CM x1 was because of the camera controls. They were way too cumbersome to use. I can't exaggerate the extent to which I prefer the new ones.

PoE

PoE

I struggled at first with the camera controls, but now I use the mouse only. It works great.

My only request would be a way to slow down the scrolling speed. I jump back and forth too quickly.

I do resort to the WASD keys when trying to move around/inside buildings, but I think we could use a mouse scroll slider in the options panel.

I struggled at first with the camera controls, but now I use the mouse only. It works great.

My only request would be a way to slow down the scrolling speed. I jump back and forth too quickly.

I do resort to the WASD keys when trying to move around/inside buildings, but I think we could use a mouse scroll slider in the options panel.