RPG's in firefights

I've been reading "No True Glory" recently, and from the size scale the battles they had against even "mere insurgents," RPGs figure prominently in a minute by minute firefight. Assuming Syria would pull the same arms buildup cache stuff that Iraq did, even the informal militia and insurgent troops should be able to send a steady stream of RPG rounds back at NATO forces. The fighting in Anbar in 2004, if the book is correct, featured battalion-sized engagements in Ramadi, Fallujah, and the outlying suburbs, with insurgents who all had access to mortars, LMGs, HMGs, and RPGs, in a constant cycle of resupply (guys in taxis and cars bringing more weapons and ammo to the front, and hidden caches).

Can we expect this to be accurately reflected in CMSF?

Toleran, we have done a lot of research into the RPG's...a lot of info is harder to find than you would expect it to be! You might like to check out the little article I just posted in the Blogfront section of this web page for some more info on the RPG-7 and rockets which will likely be in CMSF.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Toleran, we have done a lot of research into the RPG's...a lot of info is harder to find than you would expect it to be! You might like to check out the little article I just posted in the Blogfront section of this web page for some more info on the RPG-7 and rockets which will likely be in CMSF.

Interesting , and really nice renders of the RPG-7.

About the rockets :

Is the PG-7V (I think that's the name (it's the most basic one) used against infantry?

Is the PG-7V the one they used in the movie Blackhawk down, and if it is, is it as inefficient(vs infantry) as it appears in the movie or am I dazzled by hollywood magic?

//Salkin

Your comment about taxis bringing in more weapons brings up a question. I wouldn't be surprised if static automobile-shaped objects litter the game for city terrain. But will there be the possibility of actual 'commandeered civilian transport' in the game? A Toyota truck stacked with ammo boxes, an appropriately named KIA sedan carrying four militia fighters? "Mobility" for Syria doesn't only have to mean broken-down ex-soviet transport.

Ammo separated from weapons... weapons delinked from soldiers... A sloppy scenario designer could produce some rather annoying combinations, like lots of RPG launchers but no rounds handy! :D