They still fire through walls.

Guest Guest

He's right. I edited the battle just for a test.

I placed a bunch of guys behind various walls and they are all hiding.

Just down load the file, choose the Syrians, choose Elite, and press play/go...it's a bit of a massacre.

Don't worry, I edited the forces to where it won't ruin the scenario if you haven't played it already.

TEST IT

On a brighter note, I did set up a test earlier and there was no shooting through tall walls, even from a third story building.

Mord.

Just down load the file, choose the Syrians, choose Elite, and press play/go...it's a bit of a massacre.

Don't worry, I edited the forces to where it won't ruin the scenario if you haven't played it already.

TEST IT

On a brighter note, I did set up a test earlier and there was no shooting through tall walls, even from a third story building.

Mord.

TEST IT

Mord.

thewood,

Aw crap! I can't believe that someone sees this within a few hours of the patch release.
That's because he probably looked for this specifically before anything else :D What you guys have to understand is that there is no magical "walls work or they don't work" state. The complexity of the terrain means that there are many, many different combos of things that may or may not cause problems. I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't found all the problem areas yet, which is why I've never said that v1.04 would be a 100% fix for this, pathfinding, or LOS. Each revsion the numbers of problem areas in these complicated things is reduced. We'll not stop until it's down to just about nothing.

I'll take a look at Mord's scenario and see what can be seen there.

Steve