BFC: Mountains Modding Help Please

M1A1TC

Hello

I am trying to change the background mountains to high-res ones, but when I attempt to open the BMP in the Photoshop, I get an error message:

"could not open the document because the file-format module can not parse the file"

The only difference I see is that your BMPs are 32 Bit Depth, while the Photoshot saves BMPs in 24 Bit Depth.

Help please? Also, whats up with the worldbox sky BMPs?

Heya M1!

Okay this one is a little tough as it opens fine for me, and as another artist did the origionals I cant comment on if they were saved using any different settings.

Any chance you could try it on a different system, or is there anyone else here that could try and open one for us to see if they have any luck :)? One though...if you can open under a different program and resave, I suspect all should be fine. Can you view them in any other applications?

Dan

Dan, thanks for the response.

Here is what I did

1.I opened one in Paint, since it would not open in my Photoshop.

2.I then saved it as Jpeg

3.Then I opened it in Photoshop.

4.I skinned it, saved as BMP (same size, the only diff. is that's 24 Bit. I dont have an option to save it in 32 Bit format

5.I placed it in Z folder

When I run the game, nothing changed.

I do not know anyone else that owns CMSF personally, so I cant have any one test it on a diff system

mountainsnorthv1.jpg

[ December 20, 2007, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: M1A1TankCommander ]

I tried opening Windshield, Fire, Smoke, Tracer BMP files, and I get the same error with my Photoshop

"could not open the document because the file-format module can not parse the file"

Please help?

I guess it has something to do with Photoshop levels? I am using Photoshop 5.0

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

I tried opening Windshield, Fire, Smoke, Tracer BMP files, and I get the same error with my Photoshop

Please help?

I guess it has something to do with Photoshop levels? I am using Photoshop 5.0

That is correct, I was able to open the skybox folder and select any mountain bmp with no problem using Photoshop 7.0. It would not work with 6.0

M1 you can try to send me the file you just made and I will see on converting it to 32bit.

Ok, thank you all, I am downloading those programs. I think I can also get a copy of Photoshop CS from a friend

JohnO, email sent

PS Hmm, when I try to open a file with Gimp, I get an error and it closes

When I tried running Paint.Net it told me I needed some Net.Framework that I dont have.

:(

Sometimes I hate electronics

[ December 23, 2007, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: M1A1TankCommander ]