Syrian AFV list

I planned to do a bunch of Soviet-Afghan War scenarios and fighting for a large part of that war revolved around Soviet supply convoys. So yes trucks are very important for engagements below battalion level especially since as I understand it in CMSF victory conditions can revolve around losses of certain vehicle types.

I believe that in the 10 years of this war the soviets lost something in the vicinity of 15,000 trucks.

Originally posted by Speedy:

I planned to do a bunch of Soviet-Afghan War scenarios and fighting for a large part of that war revolved around Soviet supply convoys. So yes trucks are very important for engagements below battalion level

But CMSF is not a Soviet-Afghan war game.

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

I planned to do a bunch of Soviet-Afghan War scenarios and fighting for a large part of that war revolved around Soviet supply convoys. So yes trucks are very important for engagements below battalion level

But CMSF is not a Soviet-Afghan war game. </font>

"Does the manual go in detailing the mm of armour and penetration of each tank/gun respectively, like they used to be in CMx1? "

For the most part no.

As it was explained to me, in the years since CMBO most-everybody has experience searching via Google these days. More real-world info on each aspect of the game (from uniforms to palm trees) than could possibly be shoe-horned into one little manual. Especially regarding armor and penetration stats. Ceramic armor, composite armor, reactive armor, depleted uranium armor, tandem warheads, overflight profiles, etc. The simple-old-days of "100mm at 60 degrees" is long-gone... except for the T55 which would be 100mm at 60 degrees on the bow ;)