Request for a fire position command

vincere

I'm still having huge problems with my troops ending their move in what I think would be a good fire position, crests of hills etc, to find that they can't see ****.

I just had the idea that if we had a face or target type command that told the Tac AI to finely adjust positions to get LOF on where we 'faced' or 'targeted' to.

[ February 09, 2008, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: vincere ]

molotov_billy, yes but the thing is I majority of the squads in firing positions before units are spoted sometimes.

With 1:1 representation it's a pain to move squad into what you think is a fairly good position to target X only to find the Tac AI dont spread the guys around Y mound as you would like. Or, two guys get into a good position, but the rest mill around elsewhere.

It would reduce the wasted tuns and short extra movement orders hoping they align along the ridge right this time. Talking of crests and ridges, as it is I'm tending to send the squad right over to solve this problem.

i dont find that all too bad, the enemy has that too.

only slight annoyance, wich is understandable and locical, is that when you move up to a crest and your guys stand there, they see over it, but as soon as you go prone(MG´s ATGM´s) they dont anymore, and oyu have to hop em futher some meters.

you/we whined about shooting through terrain, now its gone, dont whine becouse of this. you/we would be a bad winner ;)

i can take it :D