Better secondaries...

Caseck

Ya' know? The secondary explosions when you kill stuff are kind of weak. I mean... REALLY weak... It would be nice to have some good secondaries. Some nifty debris getting thrown around... Turrets flying off, like old Battlezone...

You know, cool job satisfaction type stuff...

Having the turrets fly off on a explosion hit does make sense. I've always found it odd when the chassis goes up with a bang (not just burning), but the turret remains in perfect condition. It would at least make more sense to 1. Make the turret destroyed as well, and/or 2. have it fly off the chassis.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for digging out an old topic:

would it be hard to be able to include an <OnDestroyed> - tag for an internal component which would name an ammo type which will explode in the space of the internal component when destroyed?

For example: the Thor ammo component would explode like a medium mortar if destroyed. That would automaticaly create some nice secondaries.

Maybe there should be an additional percentage chance for really blowing up to make it less predictable.

Another small detail...wrecks. I think it would be best if wrecks remained on the battlefield. The smoke should burn out, but the wreckage should remain...and the wrecks should provide some cover, especially for small vehicles and infantry.

It would also be cool if fires could spread.

Need more rough terrain maps too, but bot driving in rough terrain has to improve. Rough terrain kills them faster than enemy action.

Originally posted by Nick06:

I think those videos that Imp. grunt were a little overboard. An explosion like that would have to let up debris that could damage another tank

Of course its overboard in the videos...they are games, mainly focused on entertainment. All I am asking for is just a little more eye candy here, but not total Hollywood nuclear handgrenades.

I would also like to see more dust, dirt, smoke, tracers, blood and guts, people yelling, radio traffic, etc...I know that eats up graphics, but that is how it is like.

The scifi version of Saving Private Ryan and Blackhawk Down is what I want. Through in Band of Brothers as well....