DIF versus IL2

Lil Adolph

I don't this game will be very competitive when you have games like IL2 on the market !

When u say table top game, I am assuming it is a 2D counter game ?

These games are now a thing of the past, best to move on to the new 3D world !!

Cordially,

Lil Adolph

Yeah!

And when there's GTA Vice City, who would play Monopoly???

:rolleyes:

Actually what I read was that it would feature 3D graphics.

The computer game will stay true to its origins in both feel and flavor, while adding new features only possible with computer technology, like 3D animated planes and maneuvers!

You cant compare this game to IL2 in any way.

IL2 FB is the only game which will not leave my hard drive until Battle of Britian comes out. However this game is different again. I for one will buy this game if it is tactical and atmospheric.

You could turn round and say why buy SC2 when you have BF1942? Get the point?

Check out the designer's site for more info. Completely different type of game, and it's made clear there's no attempt to compete with hardcore flight sims and such. More of a "fun" historical game with strategy rather than "sim".

It'll certainly be a niche game, but I think intended that way.

To clarify, DIF is not a flight sim. It is a turn-based decision-based wargame.

The game is designed to give players the feel of a dogfight without turning it into a reflex-based game.

While each decision is DIF is simple, they tie together in such as way as to allow a more skilled player to win most of the time.

This will be even more true when a player developes a pilot with skills. How the player uses his aircraft's capabilities, and pilot skills, will be vital to winning.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dan Verssen:

To clarify, DIF is not a flight sim. It is a turn-based decision-based wargame.

The game is designed to give players the feel of a dogfight without turning it into a reflex-based game.

While each decision is DIF is simple, they tie together in such as way as to allow a more skilled player to win most of the time.

This will be even more true when a player developes a pilot with skills. How the player uses his aircraft's capabilities, and pilot skills, will be vital to winning.

Sounds like a dream come true. smile.gif