Is the Game Balanced?

That is the whole point of testing it. We want it balanced but most of all, we want it balance and with more than one standard option for each sides, as we now see in SC.

We're finding the unbalanced aspects and Hubert makes the adjustements accordingly.

I'm trying out all sorts of whacked out strategies to try and find some bad "gamey" tactics. I've found a few funny ones so far. That have been corrected.

Anyways, what does balanced mean? That the game is 50/50 on who will win with equal skill level? Wouldn't that make the game not historical? What is the definition of victory? Just to kill Germans? Land grab? What's the deal? Hearing Blashy say,"Yeah, it's balanced", doesn't cut the mustard.

Hearing Blashy say,"Yeah, it's balanced", doesn't cut the mustard.
LOLOLOL,

Well, as I've heard it tell

In the wise eyes of ol' omniscient,

Omnipotent,

Alpha qua Omni-Omega Sky God,

The lowly mustard seed is deemed

Equally esteemed

As that tiny I-pod of Life

Which eventually - becomes,

Then, centuries of PATIENT arrangement,

A mighty Redwood tree!

Besides, ain't nobody gonna cut

The mustard... too thin,

Since there are many hot-dogs

Required - then!

You go forth - to the old ball-game. ;)

Well,

As Axis Player,

IF you are able to hold onto Prussia,

And Poland,

And some of the Balkans

And Italy due north of Monte Cassino,

AND keep Patton's rolling tin-cans

Outta Deutschland,

Then, I would imagine that would be

A Victory.

What kind?

What degree?

Fair soon - you'll see. :cool:

Many thanks for the update Blashy and Desert Dave.

we want it balance(d) and with more than one standard option for each sides, as we now see in SC.
Thats what I want to hear. In SC2 both sides, Allied and Axis had basically one cookie cutter strategy, with the balance heavily tilted towards the Axis; for most players, as evidenced by the bidding system.

[ October 24, 2005, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

It's still too soon to tell about true play balance, since we really have not been able to get into the late game yet. So far, the early game "feels" OK and we're basically haggling at this point about initial setups and such. We're continuing to playtest while other things are wrapped up.

There seems to be a good mix of conventional strategies being tested as well as some ahistorical and gamey strategies to see how far you can go. Hubert has provided some interesting compensations here and there, so we're probably ready now for some complete games. But don't worry! There will still be lots for everyone to explore soon enough.