Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Naval bombardment of Malta

I've never had much luck bombarding units in fortifications/cities. So if it says 1 : 1 (1), I 95% of the time do not hurt the unit there.

Am I missing something? Do I need to somehow target the unit and not the city/fort?

Thanks.

Thanks Sombra, hadn't seen (or remembered) that bit.

So if I'm used to using the calc to evaluate risk, I should always divide the bracketed number by 10-3.3 (depending on GLR). Effectively that confirms what I thought was the case - there's no point in bombarding a unit in a city if your only interest is efficiently killing that unit.

Use battleships/cruiser for the fortress and airfleets for the port to bomb them to zero. After this you can easily take the Malta garrison out, no matter what unit type. Only 2-3 german AFs + HQ and a bit patience necessary smile.gif .

Question remains if it is worth all the mpps you have to spend for taking this little island... ;) .

I can take Malta out in 2-3 turns. They really start to take losses once their morale and readiness hits bottom. You need the Italian navy, a few AF w/ HQ support, and a few turns and Malta will be gone.

Originally posted by Terif:

Question remains if it is worth all the mpps you have to spend for taking this little island... ;) .

It's not for the MPPs but when you want to invade Egypt, taking out Malta helps ALOT with your supply there.

Something must be wrong here. When I started that other Malta-thread a while ago, I had the fortress at efficiency 0, the port at 0 and the morale and readiness of the corps at rock-bottom, too. Still, it did not take any losses.

I used only Battleships and cruisers, though. Is it maybe ESSENTIAL to attack the corps from the air?