PBEM bells and whistles

I play a lot of PBEM games in SC and feel that the program could include a few simple enhancements to ease the task of sending and receiving these files

I'd like to see some simple integration to email. When I create a new game let me enter the email address of the opponent. Include my email address in the turn file also.

When I am finished my turn auto increment the turn number and mail it to my opponent (assuming I turned on the option). Move the turn I just responded to into a "played" folder (assuming I turned on that option).

oh, it would be nice to have the option to zip the file, am I asking for the sky?

thx

FF

[ September 05, 2004, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Friendly Fire ]

I am confused.

SC always required me to just send a single file.

It was always just one file.

That meant open email, insert one only file send email.

How exactly can you improve on that?

I had one friend that had a personal request to shrink the file size simply because they needed a smaller file size.

So I told my compression program shrink this file

Then I emailed that file.

It created a two step process where before, it was a one step process.

It's only one step people.

Asking for less than one step?

That leaves nothing if my basic math is correct.

Mr. Hubert Cater,

This would be a great feature to add as an update. I truly believe SC lends itself much more to playing via email than live. I think I am affirmed in my view by just looking at the success of the SC PBEM league in comparrison to the TCIP league. So any features like these would be an added selling point for the game in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

Les, steps required to send turn >>1 :

0) play turn

1) specify new turn name

2) open email program

3) reply to opponents email to create new email

4) find correct turn in directory full of turns

5) zip turn (can be done right from email software I know)

6) find zip file in same directory

attach zip file and send

+ periodically: clean PBEM save game folder

okay, okay I know, it isn't rocket science. It takes me all of sixty seconds max to do all that. But about 5% of the turns I get are the wrong ones, so obviously I am not the only one who occasionaly screws up somewhere along the line. Since integration to email is dead simple, why not?