Operation Sealion Variant

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bombers don't reduce entrenchment afaik. And no of course France should be no cake walk, I'm merely arguing that invasion supply would allow landings on non-city areas of the map, with the goal of perhaps taking an inland city (Paris) instead of an obvious port city target.

I think Cherbourg should be the main (only) city in North West France – only a port at Brest , no city. That would solve the historicity problem and some of the gamey problems that Brest causes.

Why not hardcode a maximum value for amphips into the game for each country? Germany would have a value of say, 3. Corps count as 1, Armies and HQ as 2, and Tank Groups as 3. So the most you can have hit anywhere is 3 corps (don't know is thats still too excessive for the Brits to handle, but hope not).

The amphib can apply to all countries, my friend just dropped a USA invasion in France from amphibs and put down 4 armies, 5 corps, 2 HQ, and 2 Tank Groups. That seems a bit excessive in one turn with only amphibs. This would also make grouping invasions into area more realistic, and compensate for many squares that geograpgically could not be invaded.