What are you all currently playing [other than SC2 of course... ;)]

SO… just thought I would see what’s currently playing on other’s computers. I am going through a nostalgia period while I wait for some new games to arrive on the shelves.

Anyhoo, mine is below:

Finished recently:

(pc) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Great game and I had a lot of fun although fps usually not my ‘thing’. I always seem to enjoy post-apocalyptic stuff...

(pc) C&CIII – Didn’t really hold the magic for me anymore. I think I am just getting to old for current ‘frantic’ style rts’s. Was fun to play for awhile though…

Currently playing:

(pc) War on Folvos – basically a sci-fi remake of Panzer General I but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Having fun with it so far, it is turn based.

(pc) UFO: Extraterrestrials – XCOM remake that I am really enjoying, it is also turn based.

(ds) Etrians Odyssey – Wizardry remake that is a lot of fun. U actually draw your maps on the ds with your stylus. Definitely a grinder like Wizardry but I am having fun with it.

Waiting for:

(psp) Dungeons and Dragons: Tactics, looks really good and is turnbased/3.5 rules based so should be good. On the other hand DnD as a cprg seems a hit or miss kind of thing.

(psp) Warhammer 40k: Squad Command: Just announced but is turnbased wh40k that supposedly mirrors the tabletop game.

(pc) Crysis: will probably need a new computer to play but looks awesome (fps).

(pc) Hellgate London: still not certain. Love the idea of Diablo dabbled with some sci-fi but I am not sure that is really what this is. We’ll see though, it is a talented dev team for sure so should be good…

(pc) SC2 Weapons and Warfare: Of course... ;)

Waffling on:

(pc) Lord of the Rings Online: I just don’t know. Being older I just don’t have as much time for regular 4-6 hour sessions every night (Lol, be lucky to get 1hr let alone 2 of uninterrupted gameplay…). On the other hand it seems like reviews are uniform about how good it is. *shrug*, still waffling…

So that’s it for me. What about you? smile.gif

--AOM :cool:

[ June 20, 2007, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: An Old Man ]

Long time no hear from Old Man like me!

Playing?

1) Nascar board game where little replicas of Bobby Labonte and Rusty Wallace and Matt Kenseth race 'em little cars around 3 different tracks,

yep, it's got flagging, pit stops, drafting and slip-streaming, screaming! by those who suppose they were "bumped aside," and moving through the "groove of the track!"

Well, all them years livin' in the deep south remain in my blood, I reckon.

2) A baseball game that I made from scratch which features all them great and legendary stars of yester-year (... IE, them that don't have heads the size of Alabama watermellons, and cojones reduced to mustard seeds), such as Moose Moryn of the lovable Cubbies and Joe DeMaestri that good-field, no-hit shortstop for the hapless KC Athletics... tho, he did warm the bench for them damn! Yankees a couple of years.

3) SC-2 WaW, natch. Boy! Are you guys gonna be surprised! :cool:

I generally finish a game each week,

and betatest a few at the same time.

Finshed last week:

Half-life 2 Episode One

Sin Episode One

Tabula Rasa (beta) (disappointed me)

Also playing:

Everquest 2

Lord of the Rings Online

Vanguard

SC2 WaW

Commander Europe at War

Sam & Max Season 1

Sins of a Solar Empire (beta)

GT Legends

The best ( = most realistic ) racing game that I've ever played.

Caesar IV

I always love to optimize something, but since I play only occasionally and very slowly, I will never finish a career.

Worms Armageddon

Old, but still fun to play.

SC2

Every time when an update is released, I start a game as Allies, only to see, that the AI could not take a single one of my Russian cities.

But I don't abandon hope... ;)

Forge of Freedom (Civil war from Matrix) Quite an involved game with long learning curve.

I often play HPS games owning quite a few and switching often, currently on Sicily 43

Campaign Chickamauga should be arriving in mail very soon.

Civ IV & Mead-evil/Rome Total War are go-to games for fun every now & then.

I love the battle isle series. 'Incubation' and BI3 are my games of choice in that series.

I also play Heroes of M&M III, disciples II, Thule, Hattrick, and SC2:WaW (apologies, AZGungHo).

I also play a whole host of board games with a local gaming group.

Sadly there is less and less time for games these days :/

Originally posted by targul:

Nok I am on like Lucia server in EQ2 or something like that looked today for you and then didnt take the time to really memorize is sorry.

Lucan DLere? smile.gif

Some of my old guildies came from that server.

Anyway it's a great game, spend way too many hours on that in a highend raiding guild.

Two games I have been playing for years

"Day Of Defeat"

"CM" series

and now getting into "SC2" I know a little slow off

the gate on that one, but I seem to really like it and it's going to be another keeper!

other games come and go which I had fun with

"Stalker" 2 thumbs up

"Oblivion" and it's addons 2 thumbs up

Something I'm looking forward to, "Fallout3"!!

Also there seems to be a buzz about the expansion "WAW" which I'm starting to feel myself, even though I feel I have my hands full trying to learn

how to win a game in "SC2" smile.gif