Dev and playtester betting thread - when will sc2 be out?

Why do we even bother checking this forum? Big waste of time, it will be out when it comes out. Finito. No need to be reverent and drooling asking when the game comes out. Just very frustrated. Developer did not follow schedule in releasing the game and kept on incorporating stuff. Later patches would have been fine thank you with input from the general community as before. Hubert you did very well on this before. Why isn't the publisher tightening the screws? This is very undisciplined. Sorry for the rant but things should have been handled differently here.

Originally posted by aesopu:

Why do we even bother checking this forum? Big waste of time, it will be out when it comes out. Finito. No need to be reverent and drooling asking when the game comes out. Just very frustrated. Developer did not follow schedule in releasing the game and kept on incorporating stuff. Later patches would have been fine thank you with input from the general community as before. Hubert you did very well on this before. Why isn't the publisher tightening the screws? This is very undisciplined. Sorry for the rant but things should have been handled differently here.

1- Very easy statemetn to make "You should release it and patch it later" . Yeah then Hubert gets flames for an incomplete game. Happens all the time in the game industry.

2- He did very well on this before? He only had ONE game before this and since none of his work could be scrutinized waiting for a game from an "unknown" developer with no prior work was no big deal. Your statement does not make sense in this regard.

3- There is nothing that should have been handled differently.

4- As for the publisher, I don't know anything about their entente, but if Hubert is doing this with zero financial backing until the game is done, then he ows nothing too anyone and so no one can pressure him.

5- Finally, I work nights and when I send an email to Hubert at 04h30 in the morning and he's answering them because he's slaving away, I highly doubt this guy is not anxious to start making some money on this project and have a reduced workload.

Announcements were made earlier when the game would be released and then sorry? We changed our minds. I know Hubert is slaving away but this project should have been managed timewise. Incomplete game you say, it seems to be fully functional with the AARs you folks are doing. It can't be a Venus de Milo. Release date should have just been kept quiet in the first place - end of story. Instead of creating this great anticipation and then big let down. it's easy to take the high road when you are tinkering with the game right now while the other poor slobs (like me) patiently awaited for their Christmas gift or like when Al Bundy was waiting for his pizza to arrive. Just ranting and raving, nothing personal. Hubert had a lot of great input from the gaming community when SC1 came out and he worked to take care of them.

Not Kafka's K:

The winner will win a signed Kuniworth sweat shirt with some famous quotes from me your idol.

Gotta! have one a' these, so, what

Do I need to hurry up and do?

Violate NDA and disclose MY

Actual, half-educated opinion? :eek:

Shoot, no can do... though,

Send the T-shirt anyway? :cool:

Idaho Legend:

I'll donate one of my famous "Camp Rambo T-Shirts", autographed.

DOUBLE doggone it! :confused:

I coulda wore these 2,

Every other day,

And NEVER bought another T!

(... you see, given my age, and being

out here on the desert, where we get

Sun 360 days out of the year! smile.gif )

aesopu:

Hubert had a lot of great input from the gaming community when SC1 came out and he worked to take care of them.

He did then, and will again,

You can rest assured of that.

C'mon, man, it's very nearly here,

And so, a little more patience? smile.gif

I think what happened here is what we call premature Accouncement. Had Huey known this project was going to be bigger than he initially planned the release date he would have not announced much on the game. Accidents do happen. It'll be out likely in 6 months if a lot of work goes into it a year if not... I assume by the statements I've heard which is fair and respective. Personally I could do without the AI smile.gif I never will play it anyways and a lot of other features. #1 is a Bones and #2 is a Skin #3 is functionality. Perhaps partly what has messed up HC is us ;) we bring up to many different "things"...all these betatesters and such are not practical, we the community aren't very either. SC is Practical had no Hype nor Expectation which this does which is hurting it's release, finality and well ultimately likely what will turn out.

Just like MOO3 so much buildup and 3 years later what a dissappointment. It would have been better to have made MOO2 updated... SC2 sounds SO MUCH like SC1, so it will not be a dissappointment... you guys know he's not an Army... it's not a big Genre, basics.......this is not Matrix Games so get use to it, it takes time, energy and devotion and we're getting it. Best to play another game, like CIV4 or a few other titles, Fly Aces High, another so so game and have fun come back in 6 months and check ;)

Either way I don't judge I have actually produced a REAL SOFTWARE program, it's backbreaking. Plus I sold Software for 5 years Retail, god, no piece of cake. Very profitable<an untrue statement mentioned here> it is not a weak industry, RICH one... just SC may not appeal to the masses, you might make more selling Windows and Office Retail but then again if you enjoy SC and Wargames, better to do what you love. I sure got bored of that crap

Originally posted by Liam:

I think what happened here is what we call premature Accouncement. Had Huey known this project was going to be bigger than he initially planned the release date he would have not announced much on the game. Accidents do happen. It'll be out likely in 6 months if a lot of work goes into it a year if not... I assume by the statements I've heard which is fair and respective. Personally I could do without the AI smile.gif I never will play it anyways and a lot of other features. #1 is a Bones and #2 is a Skin #3 is functionality. Perhaps partly what has messed up HC is us ;) we bring up to many different "things"...all these betatesters and such are not practical, we the community aren't very either. SC is Practical had no Hype nor Expectation which this does which is hurting it's release, finality and well ultimately likely what will turn out.

Just like MOO3 so much buildup and 3 years later what a dissappointment. It would have been better to have made MOO2 updated... SC2 sounds SO MUCH like SC1, so it will not be a dissappointment... you guys know he's not an Army... it's not a big Genre, basics.......this is not Matrix Games so get use to it, it takes time, energy and devotion and we're getting it. Best to play another game, like CIV4 or a few other titles, Fly Aces High, another so so game and have fun come back in 6 months and check ;)

Either way I don't judge I have actually produced a REAL SOFTWARE program, it's backbreaking. Plus I sold Software for 5 years Retail, god, no piece of cake. Very profitable<an untrue statement mentioned here> it is not a weak industry, RICH one... just SC may not appeal to the masses, you might make more selling Windows and Office Retail but then again if you enjoy SC and Wargames, better to do what you love. I sure got bored of that crap

Liam, very good post, great points!!! but pls just delete the 6 month thingy...it could give some bad ideas...