Weapons and Warfare v1.04 Patch and Demo Released!

Just released, the Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion v1.04 Patch. This patch is 127 megabytes in size and addresses various issues as detailed below.

poland.jpg

PATCH NOTES:

This patch is all-inclusive, includes all the earlier patch content and will patch any previous Battlefront.com English language version of Strategic Command Weapons and Warfare Expansion from the initial v1.0 to v1.03.

This patch will not work with any non-English version of Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion at this time.

Separate patches for the other language versions will be released in the future.

PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE

Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with v1.04. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.

NEW VIDEO ACCELERATION SETTING

If you play the game and notice unplayably slow map scroll speeds and unit selection time, then please activate the "Video Acceleration" option from inside the Settings panel. That option will use a different method to handle graphics and should put your game performance back to the proper levels. If you have never noticed any extreme game slowness, you can leave this option set to OFF.

v1.04 VERSION HISTORY:

GAME ENGINE CHANGES

- Corrected a Network load error for some games converted from E-Mail/Hotseat, resaved all Allied start campaigns via Editor

- Fixed a surprise enemy contact error for Paratroops that sometimes gave them an extra strength point

- Fixed a strategic bomber error that caused some strength point anomalies for defending air units located on the attacked resource

- Fixed a Map dialog error

- Sea weather zone with majority value of 'calm' will be set to calm for the first turn of a campaign, similar setting already in place for land Primary and Secondary weather effects

- Fixed a submarine surprise encounter error

- Fixed a graphical glitch that would cause islands to disappear when stormy seas were present

- Improved AI naval combat calculations, now up to 4X faster under the right circumstances

- Storms and storm effects no longer apply to naval units that are on a coastal or island position at sea where there is a territorial owner of the tile, for example the rules remain unchanged for all open sea tiles

- Improved scroll speed by adjusting how DirectX stores bitmaps to memory with an optional setting for 'Video Acceleration' in the SETTINGS dialog

- Improved scroll speed by adding bitmapped strength values instead of generating them on the fly

EDITOR RELATED CHANGES

- Fixed the following User Manual errata:

- SA armies France, Spain and Sweden value is 2 now mentioned

- Destroyer range attack value is now correctly set to 1

- Motorization cost values are corrected

- Fixed the following campaign errors:

- Polish town properly renamed Przemysl

- Removed extraneous Corps names for Saudi Arabia

Download the v1.04 Weapons and Warfare Patch Here

In addition to the patch above, we have also updated the Weapons and Warfare Expansion demo with all the v1.04 fixes and changes.

Download the v1.04 Weapons and Warfare Demo Here

Madmatt

I just finished downloading & installing the v1.04 PATCH!.

When i try to start SC2_WaW...this is the message that i got!:

'X' sc2.ini: Could not find #VIDEO_ACCELERATION#.

...At that point, that is as far as starting up SC2_WaW goes..." It's a NO-GO! "

I certainly never encountered that during any of my testing, nor did anyone else ever get that.

Please try and download from a different mirror as that sounds as if the host file may be corrupt. I have also notified Hubert of this error so he can check on it from his end as well.

Another thing you could try is to go into your WaW folder and rename your existing sc2.ini file and then run the patch. There could be something on your system thats keeping the patch from updating that file, which it needs to do. Are you on Vista by chance?

Madmatt

Yes 'Madmatt'... i am using "VISTA" on my HP-Laptop!.

'Hubert & Madmatt' ...i also did download from another Mirror TO see if the end-result's would be the same, and they were!,.. STILL-NO-CHANGE!.

Madmatt!... i don't know what i should rename my 'Existing sc2.ini too?...i can try something i guess!,...and then try to re-run the v1.04 Install!.

I can only hope!.

Thank's for the 'Stabs-in-The-Dark!'.

---

OK!...i renamed my sc2.ini to sc2.WaW.ini ... then reinstalled the v1.04 WaW Patch!. STILL!..."No-Change!"...on my result's!...of...not finding "#VIDEO-ACCELERATION#"

[ June 03, 2008, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Hubert!:

I already had/have that line included in my sc2.ini file in the WaW Game-Folder!,...here it is as to how it looked!...

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_WIDTH= 0

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_HEIGHT= 0

#WINDOW_WIDTH= 0

#WINDOW_HEIGHT= 0

#FULL_SCREEN= 0

#BIT_DEPTH= 0

#VIDEO_ACCELERATION= 0

And yet, i keep getting the same explanation every time i try to start up SC2_WaW!.

sc2.ini: Could not find #VIDEO_ACCELERATION#

Just a dumb question...will this patch affect PDE or not?...since im now playing PDE only will i need to DL this?

thanx in advance for answering a daft question!

keep up the great work!

3 Can Keep A Secret If 2 Are Dead

Yep...its back to the drawing board guys.

Two DLs I get the same message Retri did trying to launch, but only on my Vista(home version) machine. Seems to be an OS conflict.

My W2000pro launched perfectly and ran without a problem.

I got both machines up....here to help.

Retributar, SeaMonkey,

Can you tell me how you attempt to launch the game? Is it from the Desktop shortcut or from double clicking the game EXE itself?

I only ask as I wonder if the Desktop shortcut is not pointing to the proper location etc.

If you try double clicking the game EXE from the installation folder, does it launch ok?

Hubert

I tried every possible launch sequence available, tray, explorer, programs, same ole same ole.

I tried that test version you sent me also Hubert and it gives me the same notation.

Do you want an uninstall of SC2 or just the WaW expansion and if I do will I need the verification code to activate from on-line again cause right now my Vista PC is offline?

I have no network capability at home, only dialup, one PC at a time. Wireless is haphazard.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

I have no network capability at home, only dialup, one PC at a time. Wireless is haphazard.

i solve for me this some months ago, what i did is instead of have multiple and "consuming" space of cd's/dvd's pass-on the (then for me smile.gif ) new age, external, usb 2.0 (plug and play) hard drives, with external hard drives, And, given both computers have usb 2.0 ports you easily can "inter-exchange" all files from one to the other, it save me great amount of time, just an advice about it.

on the topic, for me, the windows new protectio system sometimes bother my games from run, go on... my pc, right click, then choose properties, then choose -advanced options- then choose first option, performance i guess, not sure, my english is no fine, in spanish is rendimiento, the first advanced option, there are here a security "test" from the operative system, basically it prevents to windows to run some or most of the programs, as .exe will change, maybe, only maybe, but windows will stay allowing the old .exe and not the new, sometimes it caused me troubles, may or may not be of help, hope you all find solutions soon for the problems,

with best regards,

alarick.

post-edit... hard drives i want mean, external hard disk's.

SeaMonkey,

If you uninstall simply do not unlicense when prompted to do so and it should keep your license on the computer without you having to relicense.

For the uninstallation, all you need to uninstall is WaW and not SC2 Blitzkrieg.

My guess in all of this is that the WaW patch simply did not install correctly. If it installed correctly it should have the new SC2-WaW.EXE in the same installation directory as the new SC2.ini file that has the entry #VIDEO_ACCELERATION= 0. Can you confirm this?

Hubert I loaded this patch from the same CD I made at work from the Mirror sites.

I installed it on both my machines at home, from the same CD, one on a W2000pro OS and the other a Vista OS. Both machines have the same base SC2 and WaW installation, both working fine before the patch, both at 1.03. No ...actually I updated the W2000 OS from 1.02 to 1.04, the Vista had the 1.03 update since I did your TEST.

Both installations went fine(no change of file path), I noted the change in the Icon on both desktops and confirmed the #VIDEO_ACCELERATION=0 is in the proper directory, wouldn't it be the same for both machines?

I noted the W2000 OS running 1.04 properly. It also had the choice of video acceleration in the SC2WaW settings screen.

Only the Vista OS machine is not running the game.

When I get home tonight, I'll do the full uninstall of WaW, them reinstall and update with the 1.04 patch. Perhaps I should DL the patch again at work on a new CD?