Real German WWII flag

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dicedtomato --- Welcome to the Northwest, son. I'm an Idaho/Washington kind of Legend. By the way, I like your style, keep up the good work, may the force be with you.

@TBlashy --- Dude, what did the flag issue have to do with US Policy? Never went there...obviously you have a grudge against Uncle Sam post '50? Ask my Korean golfing buddy how he feels about that little Police Action. You going to start a ban on Ole Glory now? Don't Tread on Me.

I remember after 911, this dude was burning flags in Downtown Boise...well, some trucker got out of his truck & dove on the burning flag...and ran off with it...Legendary.

"We don't smoke marajuanna, we don't make a party out of loving, we don't take our trips on LSD, we don't grow are hair long & shaggy, like the hippies" --- Merle Haggard.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

I remember after 911, this dude was burning flags in Downtown Boise...well, some trucker got out of his truck & dove on the burning flag...and ran off with it...Legendary.

That really happen? That is clasic, that is how you handle that sort of thing, rather then resort to violence, that turck driver deserves a medal or something smile.gif

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

LOL! That's funny, as Rolend states, gotta give props to the guy for not resorting to violence.

I would have loved to see that one.

There are alot of great Legendary people in this country. People with work ethic, good Christian people of Faith, people of love, people who care, and Legends who don't resort to violence, rather wise actions.

Remember, T.V. isn't real, don't watch the garbage news. Don't buy into this "evil USA" propaganda. Don't fall into the trap that the doom & gloom will be solved by man's government. Rather, may they govern according to the Keeper of the Keep. Law isn't always just. Justice isn't always law. Yet grace abounds & is greater than fleshy faults.

Be Ye a Watchman, there will be no sign, no buildup, because they will be eating, drinking, & given in marraige when the Thief comes in the night.

-Legend

Originally posted by Chris G:

Have anyone made one yet or is it coming in some patch? I find the current fantasy flag more and more irritating after I noticed the flaw.

1. Which flag are you referring to?

2. Does it absolutely have to have a swastika?

3. Ever hear of Microsoft Paint?

@Diced Tomato --- Not everbody on this forum is a Nazi flag waver either. Not everybody on this forum is Bunta lover. Not everybody on this forum is a USA basher. Not everybody on this forum is alot of things.

It's not my reponsibility to draw the full spectrum of the rainbow of diversity everytime I write something. The vote at the Battle of Carmal was 450 to 1, I'm well aware of diversity & the fact, the 1, won smile.gif

Pick any path you want, feel free to be lost, diverse, and have all the rights you want. "We" don't have to accept & agree on anything, because "I" know the one path.

This type of logic can be applied to multiple applications as in SC. One available for All, yet All are not for One. Those nay, don't stop those yea.

Straight in many ways,

-Legend

[ May 24, 2006, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

@Mr. Dozer --- Son, you have questions, I have the answers! It's as simple as that! I don't care about Lee, Jackson, and the rest of that rebel trash. My family fought for the North & put a stop their sinful slavery. There is biblical slavery, but a closer examination shows that slavery should be more like "indentured servants"...allowing a slave "rights" as Philemon showed that dude who's name starts with an "O" (Oneismis). Indentured Slaves (many whites included) were "put in debt", yet could work out of it. Slaves are suppose to get land & a cut of the cash. We have slavery today, it's called Minimum Wage.

Far as that flag of the South. Get rid of it.

That's why I'm here guys, to set the record straight. For further questions about what is right & wrong...life questions...gaming questions...or whatever. Please write me at jon_j_rambo@yahoo.com

-Legend

when we are about to talk about banning Flags.

Replace the russian flag as well ! !!! !!! !!!

(russians probably killed more people than the germans, but the Russians have had a lot more time doing so)

(if anyone intrested: The russians killed my grandfather one year AFTER the war ended. And no, we are not germans)

Guest Mike

And the US flag - they killed plenty in Iraq, and the Union Jack - imperialist colonisers and genocidal exploiters of indigenous populations, and ban the Yugoslav flag for suppressing teh legitimate aspirations of various Balkan peoples, and ban the Turkish flag 'cos of the Armenians, and ban the Hungarian flag 'cos of something else.......

Ahhh feck it - we might's well just play checkers!! :mad:

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

And the US flag - they killed plenty in Iraq, and the Union Jack - imperialist colonisers and genocidal exploiters of indigenous populations, and ban the Yugoslav flag for suppressing teh legitimate aspirations of various Balkan peoples, and ban the Turkish flag 'cos of the Armenians, and ban the Hungarian flag 'cos of something else.......

But no other has done industrial exterminations of this magnitude such as the germans and russians did.

Personally, I'd rather not see a Nazi flag in this game. I wouldn't raise a huge fuss about it, if it were there. but I certainly would aspire to revile it everytime I saw it; to use it to remember the atrocities performed under its auspices. Remember the evil, lest we forget the guises it may come to us in.

The following is offtopic, and not an attempt to troll.... really. just my own personal soapbox.

(which is what makes the pendulum swing in the US so worrying. In particular the unitary executive concept seems to be gaining significant headway; particularly with Alito's Comfirmation. No, I'm not a Democrat, I'm Libertarian to the core so I hate both the major parties, I just have bigger beefs with the Current Administration.)

Jon, not everyone on this forum is Christian. Perhaps it's better to say that America has a lot of wonderful people of all faiths. It's our diversity that makes us great.

Well said dicedtomato,

And especially considering

Not even the Christians

Are actually Christians enny more.

Used to be, you bet!

You shoulda seen 'em!

'Round about fin de sicle

When 19th turned into 20th Century,

Why,

Them "socially conscious" Christians

And "muck-rakers" wert all

Over the Main Street place! smile.gif

Making sure democracy worked for all,

Liberty and justice for all!

Other kinds of for-all as well!

Now, alas,

Merely become enmeshed in some "Theocratic"

Political party,

Doing the sychophantic bidding

Of huge Corporate Conglomerates, which,

As might be expected,

Have no Soul.

A crying shame :( should you ask me.

Originally posted by kossuth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

But no other has done industrial exterminations of this magnitude such as the germans and russians did. </font>

It ain't very awful complicated, folks. :rolleyes:

You don't hang a Confederate flag

In a hooch in VN,

When the Army is integrated,

As I saw it done.

You don't boast around

Nazi insignia

When their are millions of survivors

Of the actual, in fact,

DID absolutely happen,

Holocaust.

It's like... decency.

It's like... being honorable.

It's like... due consideration.

It's like... stuffing the Lizard Brain, man,

And TRYING to embrace

Our better natures.

Though, "sociopaths"

Ain't KNOW what enny of that kinda

Consciousness IS,

I can appreciate.

All that other stuff,

All them other flags,

Are NOT, here and now,

At issue.

Quit trying to obfuscate and rationalize

Foolish acts by cretin people, IE,

Some who would prefer

To act, and re-enact

Some sort of utterly

Gutless faux machismo, yes? ;)

Here's how I like to explain this: You can be interested in Viking history and wear a Viking helmet on the street. People will think you're an American football fan. You can wear a Mongol helmet, and people will think you're going to a costume party.

Wear a Nazi swastika, and you're making a political statement, even if you don't intend to. The swastika has become the symbol of choice for tens of thousands of neo-Nazis. Whether these skinheads have an understanding of Nazism is immaterial; the symbol makes a statement. Meet someone on the street wearing a Viking helmet, and you can laugh at the football fan. Meet someone wearing a swastika - especially if you're not white or Christian - and you are in fear of your life.

If not playing with Nazi symbols ruins a wargame for you, then the problem isn't with free speech, but with you. There's a difference between interest in history and enthusiasm for it, and some wargamers cross the line. We're making a game out of war, and it's no hardship to occasionally exercise a little self-control.

DT

@DicedTomato --- You're full of it. Quit trying to pin that symbol on the white people or Christians. Who are you Nero? Learn how to separate the wheat from the tares.

@DD --- Same for you. Blasted today's wheat, pounding your chest for the ones of the 19th Century.

Idaho, too great for hate,

Legend

Blasted today's wheat...
A lot of today's wheat is rotten.

Brother.

Best to dig it up,

Tear it out,

Stalk by root-corrupted stalk, and

Re-plant. smile.gif

If you won't notice that,

I don't actually care.

WHEN you begin speaking as though you WERE

A Christian,

I'll consider you as such.

Not until, sorry, but WORDS do matter,

And you are often "righteous,"

I am first to admit,

But sometimes sound as though

A Daemon had taken up residence

In your very soul.

FWIW, I believe in God,

There is NO doubt in MY mind.

But,

It is a God that loves all,

And everything,

And has NO preference

Then it comes to "political parties"

Or one Nation better, and ipso,

More deserving,

Or more entitled to make "unjust" war

Than another.

**LAST time I mention this,

So no need for all you "forum cops"

To start mewling for the lock-up. ;)

Jon,

You've said that "great Legendary Americans" are Christians, which suggests that those who aren't Christian are not great, "Legendary" or American.

Chris G believes that Jews are evil.

Can you explain the difference between you and Chris G?

DT