What Other WW2 Games Do We All Play?

Originally posted by Covert Sniper:

...First WWII computer game was a Mac game called Patton vs Rommel....

Played V for Victory for a few years. Anybody know what ever happened to that game? It came in a couple of different flavors. I had D-Day, Velikki Lukki and a North Africa module. It was ok but the AI could be easily misdirected...

Randy

I liked both of those games very much. One thing I liked very much about Patton vs. Rommel was that it had truly simultaneous turns. It would be really neat if SC3 could have something like that.

As far as V for Victory, I liked very much the way it resolved combat...

ev,

Have you given the Tacops demo here at battlefront a try? Not a WWII game but when I first found it back in the 90's I thought it was developed by the same person/people who developed PvR because the gameplay was so similar. No fancy graphics but the tactical level of gameplay is hard to rival! If you want the pressure of a 1st person shooter game, turn the order timer on to about two minutes for each company commanded and the pressure builds fast.

Randy

Originally posted by Covert Sniper:

Have you given the Tacops demo here at battlefront a try?

I have TacOps... Of course, that is a different scale all together. I mentioned Patton vs. Rommel because the game scale there was more like SC2's...

Originally posted by Agent Smith:

Tacops DOES have WW2 units

I have not played TacOps in a long long time, but my recollection is that TacOPs units were platoons and companies, as oppossed to SC2's divisions, corps, and armies.

Well JJR, what's your impression of the slitherine boys?

Me thinks these guys are laymans when it comes to a WW2 game, relative to what Hubert has created.

They may get there eventually, but this first offering will probably be close to disasterous and I question the longevity of their support.

If they truly have dedication to create a viable WW2 platform, then maybe the second edition will be attractive, but I've been surprised before, so we shall see.

@SM --- Dude, for me it's not about "the support". What the heck is support anyhow? Either the game is good, or the game sux. I don't have time to test, demo, & worry about little things.

What's your opinion of SC-2 since it's been out for awhile? I like it. The square/hex thing was probably the biggest change, whether it be good or bad. Took me a long to grasp it.