[AAR] RAMBO WINS game #1 July '44!!!! A.I. doesn't count match --> Timskorn vs Rambo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herman Georing's LF targets lead Red Tank which is (was) just North of the mountains of Romania. German foot soldiers begin march back into Russia territory. Fierce fighting continues around Smolesk. I'm tired of these pesky partisans sprouting up each turn, looks like I'll send a message to the villagers about this.

Subs raid Manchester area. Surface ships on patrol.

Russian attack faulters, units are pulled back to defensive positions as winter hits. Mud across Russia. Stalin begins rebuilding his divisions.

Air unit in UK pings Italian BB. Russian armor captures city east of Alexandria. 1944 is on the way.

Yes, 1943 is coming to a close ---

-UK has built RAF unit, no HQ, no worries. No ships, no worries. It will take Western Allies awhile to pose any offense

-Subs raid, parked near Manchester.

-Naval blockade is there.

-LF is getting refitted still (Elite Replacements) take awhile.

-German ground units slowly march towards Odessya, Smolesk.

-We still hold Finland, Lennigrad, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, LC, VF, Swiss, Balklands.

-Have everything in N.Africa.

-LOST Iraq, Palestine, & Jordan.

Dec. 43

Garrisons in Odessa and Kiev strike out pre-emptively and smack a couple Corp. around, delaying the Huns while we rebuild.

All else pretty quiet. With the US/UK stuck in their homelands they must wait for air and tech to do anything.

UK and US begin guerilla operations. UK Corp sent to Trondheim but is intercepted. US lands at Benelux and liberates. Probably won't last long, but they are more useful there than sitting in the UK. More US air transferred to the UK.

Front line cities are taken in Russia by the Huns. Many new divisions are in the pipeline for duty by the spring which will surely see the Axis going on the offensive with their massive air support.

American troops bang up an Italian army operated into the Siegfried line. US fighers arrive in Brussels and UK troops sneak past the Axis navy screen to try and unload next turn. Port is damaged so have to wait, will no doubt take some hits.

UK transport near Trondheim realizes that snow isn't ideal landing conditions and sits off the coast, live bait. Russia hopes the winter is unusually long this year and is dreading the assault of 5 level 4 fighters with maxed out range. They will probably wipe out half our army before the land forces clash.

March 1944 ---

-Mud

-Snow

-Americans have fighter, Army & Corp in France. UK corp in transport in Brussels port. Immediately, Germans place HQ & LF in Paris to address this. Italians place their HQ, Army, Corp, & fighter in the Sieferd Line.

-Kriegsmarines call all ships to Brussels port to surround escape.

-Various patrols looking for corp sniffing. UK are testing for empty cities in Norway.

May 1944 ---

-Battle of Britain is more like an ass wiping of the Western Allies. American Bombers with RAF cover attempt strategic bombing of Paris. Immediate interception by Italian plane & 1-LF in Paris. Counter attacks are hell on the U.S. Bomber, it is destroyed on the ground NorthEast of London.

-Previous turn, American Army naval transport attempts passage South of Ireland, it finds U-Boat on its way back for fuel & technological advances. Those Yanks are gone, sadly.

-Army Group South finally gets good weather. Sevastopol has already been taken.

-Ground attack on Rastov begins to weaken entrenchments, a lone Russian corp will have to decide to leave or die.

-Main thrust is going towards Stalingrad. The Russians have a series of entrechments. LF spots crops taking late positions in them, so we decided to attack. We destroy three fortresses & a couple corps. Panzer, Army & couple of corps on the ground...but massive LF support from Dneiper.

-Bomber stationed at Dnieper drop eggs on the on Russian cruiser near Sevastopol. That ship won't be bothering anybody.

-Naval units through out the empire are reinforced for good measure, we rule the Seas.

-Greece declared war on the 3R, small battles in Northern Greece.

-In Egypt, Russian planes fly sorties from Jordan. Lone Red Tank protects the ground passage.

-Italian regulars cutoff, still hold Kuwait & Iran.

More US fighters arrive in the UK. Bomber group gets strafed and bombed back to the scrap heap. US troops are landing near Cairo in conjunction with Russian troops in the area.

While Jon stretches out grabbing for Stalingrad, Stalin mounts a major offensive between Leningrad and Smolensk. Another sneaky Corp. heads for Helsinki but finds a couple units in the area. Operation Guerilla should keep his vulnerable areas garrisoned in case of a sneak attack. His navy has let slip many more units by than it has sunk!

Army Group North has taken defensive positions away from the advancing Reds in the northern sector. Specific measures include ambushing Red Corp with coorindated Finnish & Bunta corps. We have digged that bugger down, he dies next turn.

Reds attack Smolesk, only to find out the pure power of the LF. I lose no units, because I was well entrenched. Reds lose 3-units on their attack.

Army Group South shifts North. No attack on fortresses around the river covered Stalingrad. We send large ground force for the capture of Volenlik (or whatever it's called). When you begin capturing cities you don't know in Russia, things must be going well.

Brave units began to sniff South of Moscow for a flank.

UK is no threat. I get Italian, 1-LF, and now Romanian air in France. Lots of ships patrol in the Channel.

Subs are refueled and heading back to the Atlantic to take care of Canadian shipping. The Italian sub is praised too.

In Egypt, Red Tank & American corp...with Red Air are attempting to take some land. It's a war of attrition there so far, unless he can muster more punch.

Three air units strike out from UK. Bit wet behind the ears, so a bunch of noobs flying high-tech aircraft!

Russian attack in the north continues, wiping out a German Corp. and pushing deeper towards Riga. German Corp. probing near Moscow destroyed. Italian Corp. trying to be fresh gets wiped out near the Suez just as more Russian reinforcements arrive.

Action continues ---

-Red Army bypassed Lennigrad, on a drive to Riga, this will cost them dearly! All Army groups diverted to Moscow from the South. We kill Zuchov! We kill Zuchov! Moscow is taken, Red Army is cutoff from supply. We also trapped another Russian HQ.

-Egypt will be lost soon :(

-Upgraded Elite Subs raid 35+ MMPs from Canada

Yep, weak attempt at pulling German units away from Stalingrad ends in disaster. On a positive note, Egypt is liberated and a combined US/Russia attack force is moving freely there.

Overall, the situation is clearly over for the Allies. Unable to sap much of Germany's massive MPP income, they will easily be able to field more and much more experienced troops than anything the Allies have at this point. Russia has over 10 units in the production pipeline, but they would merely be temporary roadblocks to an inevetiable conclusion. In the UK, I have three fighters that are able to keep up a bit with the 3 AF in France and a level 4 bomber on the way, but that (at best) would only make a small dent in the Axis MPP production.

The situation in Egypt is positive, but ultimately Jon will be able to divert enough troops and ships there to keep me from moving out of North Africa, eventually pushing me back. So at this point it would be a matter of seeing how long I could last, but it would be no later than 1946, if not sooner.

This has definitely been one of the funnest games I've played, mainly because of all the different things that occurred. From my successful ambushing of the Kriegsmarine and Jon's eventual and impressive rebuilding of it (with help of the Italiano's), my failed invasion of Norway/Sweden, the Russian push into Romania and the bloody battles fought there, UK/US guerilla operations and the Russian/US advance through the Middle-East. Wild stuff!

I felt I didn't do too bad as my first MP game as the Allies and with the 1.00 version. I'm looking forward to a rematch, same sides, using 1.02 and no doubt another exciting match.

Yes, the Red Army's attempt to flank me in the Summer of '44 was a valiant try (and necessary), but being cutoff, out of supply, spells doom in the Motherland for them. The Middle East conversion by the Allies was nicely done, so I do salute your gameplay. Italians still held Kuwait & Iran behind those enemy lines smile.gif

The Battle of Britian had mixed results. I made a poor move early, sending the Kriegsmarine to their death...but the later battles with Long Range air I was able to pick my spots. The Italian Navy brought ships past the Rock certainly helped the cause.

Overall, Tim played well, if we kept going, I would most likely take Russia this summer. He lost some strong units in the Northern flanking attempt.

I salute his play, he is a good player. I also accept his challenge for another game.

-Legend

"When you begin capturing cities you don't know in Russia, things must be going well."

This should become a classic quote tongue.gif

Nice AAR, indeed playing JJR leads to a lot of fun smile.gif

Maybe we should try to play some SC2, Rambo ... and don't gimme that 'slow connection' stuff ... you cannot escape your doom forever :D