[AAR] RAMBO WINS game #1 July '44!!!! A.I. doesn't count match --> Timskorn vs Rambo

Germans operand dozen ground troops into Sweden to push out the Western armies. We destroy British Army, couple Corps, RAF unit, and British HQ....OUCH, that had to hurt the UK !!!

Norway has been recaptured, Eisenhower & couple US Army units do survive. I put 3 LF units in & around Denmark to provide the necessary power punch.

Meanwhile, I'm weak in Russia, we're pulling back to Romania until Scandovania is properly secured!

Either way, I'm very satisfied with the destruction caused on the British, that will buy me alot of time & MMPs to get back to work on Russia. I still hold things in the North in Russia.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 1942.

Snow has hit Russia. Offensive south near Kiev fortifies, but Jon leaves the city open so I take the gift. Up north another offensive is taking place, destination Moscow.

US level 2 bomber tears up Antwerp. Veteran German LF sortie to meet them but return without inflicting any losses.

Jon has broken out of the Med with his Italian fleet, and he has GLR 2 with the German fleet, so I imagine he'll be trying another go at taking on the RN. smile.gif

March 1943.

Jon pulls back from Moscow and Mudd'a Russia liberates it. The line south stretching from just NE of Kiev to Odessa remains still but continues reinforcing. The situation in Russia still remains to be seen. We have yet to engage in an all-out battle, mostly skirmishes, so I know Jon has a large army still in reserve. I think Jon has had bad luck on his HT (or invested elsewhere), as I only recently seen one of his armor upgrade to level 2.

The UK/US continue their buildup and are awaiting more bomber and fighter shipments to pound France with.

Hehe...yes, I have invested in something else, and the Bomber on the UK Island just found out what it is smile.gif LF pilots take to their planes from Northwest Germany, first attacking US-HQ North of London to draw out fighter coverage. After that is cleared, LF kill that US-Bomber. In addition, we take couple extra pop shots on that HQ. U-Boat, Battleship, Italian BB are in the channel looking for something to fire on too!

In Russia, we fight madly West of Moscow, it's a bloodbath there, both sides taking hits & losses.

Panzer & infantry leave their good defensive positions in Romania to join the action. I do some damage, but for sure will take some back.

Yeah, was wondering what you were doing with all those MPP's you were accumulating. smile.gif Looks like Jon is en route for a Sealion this turn or the next. He has rebuilt some of his navy and thrown in the Italian fleet as well. Looks like at least 5 fighters are in France/Germany and even a bomber!

Meanwhile in Russia the lines hold against Jon's offenses in the north and south. Russia takes some punishing blows and loses some units but reinforcements arrive at a critical time in Moscow, and a sweep from the north threatens to cut off the attack around Moscow. Middle of June and it's friggin' mud around Moscow, so can't manuever much.

The counter-attack in the south fares better, tearing up the attack units Jon sent in. Some of Stalin's armor is committed and makes sure to finish off some units and nearly destroying one of Jon's tanks. More Russian units head to the front in a steady stream.

In a move to open another front Stalin builds up forces in the Caucusus, DoW's Iran and moves south to Baghdad and meets light resistance from a Hungarian Corp. and Italian Corp. Russia is on the move!

July ---

-LF units fly again over UK. This time destroying an RAF and an USAAF bomber. LF takes little if any damage.

-Combined Axis naval ships sink 2 BB, 2 Carriers. They were already damaged, but somebody has to finish the job.

-German corps takes Scapa Flow

-German corps lands against another port, damaging BB who won't come out & fight.

-Counter attacks near Moscow, we was Russia units, I don't bother with details...Army & couple corps?

-Some Commie General HQ in Moscow just learned not to come to the front lines, he just got executed.

-In the South though, I'm fighting badass Commie tanks. I send a bunch of weak corps to kill 1-Commie tank. I do get the kill, but I'll get waxed in return. The South, the Commies have the advantage.

Holding the line around Moscow. HQ gone to two Corp attacks. Down south the Russian advance continues, smacking units out of the way en route to the little Balkan countries where the cowards are hiding in the hills.

In Iraq the Mosul defender gets waxed, Baghdad is next.

The UK is on the ropes. More US reinforcements have arrived but the combined naval and air onslaught is too much. The US and UK forces can only hope to tie up the mob long enough for Russia to continue its pushes. The German Corp. near Scapa Flow gets obliterated, a true welcome to the UK. More on the way, I'm sure.

I was half-expecting it, but my failed attack in Norway set me back. I lost some critical UK units that I've been trying to catchup with, such as a fighter, HQ and tank. I have UK and US ground units in the UK, but no real air cover to protect them.

July 1943 ---

-DOW on Ireland, weak attempt, reduce IRA unit to strength-1. It will be pricey for UK to reinforce, considering the pay.

-At sea, 3 more Allied ships are sunk. From what I can see, UK has only 1 ship left? It's a full BB in London's port. Nothing but destruction for RN.

-U.S. Navy has only one ship left, can't remember. A strength 2 piece.

-Many Axis ships & 1-sub encirling UK. We'll need to run that sub to a convoy.

-West of Moscow continues to be a graveyard for both sides. Fritz destroys a couple units there this turn.

-Swamp battle continues, shots fired back & forth each turn.

-Strong Russian units outside the hills of Romania.

-Russians moving forward in Iraq.

-

August 1st

Russians bite back a bit around Moscow, but is consolidating defenses there. Down south the steamroller continues. Corp. in Kiev reinforces and a battles rage around it. An Italian army is smacked around and some minor army west of Kiev takes a lick too. Initial crusty Axis defenses in the mountains of Romania are sent home packing, the soft gooey center is next. Oil at Mosul is captured and initial Russian units pound on Baghdad.

UK holds tight. Atlantic is Axis now, but the joint US/UK forces there dig in for a fight and won't make it easy. Another German Corp. is wiped off the landing beach, that's two. Ireland is in this mutual struggle and is sent reinforcements, Irish'll fight to the bitter end. Only one minor Corp. is sent to take it so far, but he has a lot of naval and air support.

Winter approaches and will probably be beneficial to both of us. UK needs all the help she can get right now, but the Russians want clear weather to help suck up the Balkans Oyster.

It's been a fun game so far, regardless the outcome. smile.gif

Still July 1943 ---

-Entire LF (4 bunta aces & 1 bomber) kill USA leader! Don't know who he was, but guessing it was Ike.

-U.S. Battleship tries to run, he runs to his grave.

-only 1 ship left for Western Allies. UK-BB hiding in London.

-Italian & German sub park in the shipping lanes by Manchester.

-Ireland will fall next turn.

-Romania, I'm going to take more damage.

-Russia corp almost takes unguarded Helsinki!!! That was close.

-Iraq is gone, I operand corp out.

DECISION TIME. UK/USA is no threat. Looks like I'll need to address Russia now, before I get ass raped. SeaLion will have to wait. But the damage has been done to his Air, Navy, & HQs.

August 1943 ---

-USAAF is wiped out. Nothing by corps & armies on UK. No air, ships, or HQs smile.gif

-Ireland converted. We had to send 5 ground units to do job, and use bomber, with LF.

-Everybody head East !!!!!!!!! Romania in trouble. Commies everywhere. Middle East is being overrun :(

Ireland falls. UK/US hemmed in on The Island now. German airforce destroys anything in the open. The non-Soviet Allies will find a way to get back into this war!

Needed motor 2 to have captured Finland, instead it diverts 3 German Corps. to the area. Small victory I suppose.

Russians continue to hammer away in Romania. German and Italian troops falling back around Kiev, still around Smolensk. Baghdad is liberated. Let the oil floooowwwww.

For the most part, Russia is in this alone now. Winter of 43 approaches and they need to grab what MPP's they can from the German industrial powerhouse and keep this thing rolling.

August 1943 ---

-Massive recruitment period for Fritz, enlistment centers fill with fresh souls.

-LF is being upgraded, refueled, resupplied, and redeployed.

-Italians pop Russian Army North of the Swamp.

-Castlewolfenstine buntas counter, kill Russian corp which was sucking the oil well dry in Transylvania.

-Fritz is scrambling to put together an decent ground army.

-Axis surface ships return home for fuel & protect ports.

-Axis subs (2), raid by Manchester.

-The Island has nothing, darkness covers them, blockade in effect.

Russians continue pressure in Romania, it's a real meatgrinder there. Russia rotates troops in and out of the front, keeping a constant barrage of firepower going. Up north the Moscow offensive picks up again and finds a deserted Smolensk. Some Russian troops have gone crazy with success and are simply moving forward as fast as they can go.

In the Middle-East, the Red carpet extends to Syria and they too are liberated. Egypt is next on the menu. Stalin says, "Keep 'em rolling!"

Man, Jon's LF is devastating. Looks like L4 with max range. I think I'd take Berlin before I ever touched one of them. The Romanian bloodbath continues. Russians were happily attacking with Jon's LF diverted to the west for so long, now they have to worry about death from above again.

UK gets a shiny new fighter ready to roll. USA prepares their air force again. Down, but not out.

More bloodshed in Romania. Hundreds of thousands must have died over the oil fields there. The ground must be slick with blood and oil by now. Near Smolensk the Russians fight back as best they can without an HQ, destroying an Italian Army. A few partisans emerge from the forests around Leningrad and head south to join the battle.

In the Atlantic Jon interdicts the Canada to UK convoys, but with the UK hemmed in they don't have much to spend their MPP's. Churchill and Roosevelt begin reconstruction of their air program, with full research and production going into fighters and bombers.

In the Middle-East, forces continue to move. Meanwhile deep in Russia layers of fortification lines are being constructed from Stalingrad to Moscow, Russia will never fall to the Huns!