Is this normal?

This has happened to me twice now....I invade norway with 1 army and 1 corps (brits one time, nazi's another time) on turn 4. I hit the beaches with my corps first, then the army. I attack first with the army- do 2 damage. Then the corps hits with 1 damage and kills the unit. But then I can't occupy the capital. And then of course the weather goes bad on turn 5.

Is this typical? I thought the army would normally do 3 damage, thereby letting my corps move in (it says 3 on the odds). Am I just getting bad luck?

This happens when the army moves trough storm when transporting -> lower readiness -> lower attack value

So never move the army through storm, stand her always at the coast.

For GB put a ship in the Edinbourgh when amphip the BEF for Norway, so it can reach next turn the coast.

As foko said:

Don´t move your army transport through a storm (move from coast to coast), then this can´t happen cause the army will have expected losses of 4, the corps has only strength 3 which means success probability to conquer Norway in one turn is 100% smile.gif .

Originally posted by flip:

This has happened to me twice now....I invade norway with 1 army and 1 corps (brits one time, nazi's another time) on turn 4. I hit the beaches with my corps first, then the army. I attack first with the army- do 2 damage. Then the corps hits with 1 damage and kills the unit. But then I can't occupy the capital. And then of course the weather goes bad on turn 5.

Is this typical? I thought the army would normally do 3 damage, thereby letting my corps move in (it says 3 on the odds). Am I just getting bad luck?

Everything else being equal, there is a 50% chance that damage will deviate one point more or less. You had bad luck.

I know this, because I did a minor statistics paper finding it out. :D

Yeah, the longer that your Transports/Amphibious Units are sea, the more Supply they lose, storms increase the effects of their combat modifiers shrinking. That is why you usually want to launch in good weather or along coastlines

Also poor weather, poor supply has to do with the damage a landing Amphib takes!!! smile.gif SO becareful