American Gladiators

Camp Rambo salutes the United States Military, the Mission(s) in the Middle East, President George W. Bush, and the cause to fight terror.

"Everybody has got to fight to be free" --- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

"Fight for your right" --- Beastie Boys

KICK IT,

-Legend

It was June 4, 1940, and the Nazis under Adolf Hitler had swept through Poland, Denmark, Norway and Belgium. France was near to surrendering. Chamberlain and Halifax wanted to make peace with Hitler!

A courageous leader by the name of Winston Churchill spoke in the House of Commons and in part said: "We shall not falter or fail. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Recently the Democratic-controlled House issued a rejection of President Bush to deploy more needed troops in Iraq. The vote was 246-182. The American people will long remember those who voted against our troops. Actually, they honor our flag but don't support our country.

Would Adolf Hitler have spared Great Britain? Do you really think the terrorists will spare the United States of America?

[ March 06, 2007, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

I think the American people would do well to remember those who put the troops in harms way for fictional reasons, then failed to equip them to win the peace rather than those who want to bring them home from a failed war!

Apart from that you also slander Chamberlain and Halifax - neither of them advocated peace, and Chamberlain resigned just 3 days after the invasion of France, Belgium and the Netherlands, not after they were conquered and France was nowhere near surrendering.

Camberlain was subsequently instrumental in persuading the Conservative parliamentarians to support Churchill, and arguably gave great support to the war effort due to his support of the Churchill Govt. Churchill's first act as PM was to write to thank Chamberlain for his support.

When peace feelers were being put around the Govt athe enf of May Chamberlain was initially generally supportive, but quickly changed his mind. Halifax was always opposed.

Your post has, to paraphrase that same Mr Churchill, many virtues to be regretted, and no vices to be admired.

@StalinsOrgan --- Okay, since I didn't personal interview Chamberlin, Churchill, or Tony Blair, lets just leave them out of it. Sounds logically. Therefore I will quote my Uncles who fought. Remember folks, there's nothing more powerful than personal testimony, like testimony for the Lord Jesus Christ.

"The Germans were nasty & daring. They killed & died for evil Hitler. I remember how scared we were floating in the water after being hit by U-boats. Nothing was more satisfying then extracting revenge serving on a battery back on a destroyer. Getting home alive was surely a miracle, many of my friends didn't make it." ---Rambo's Uncle who served in WW2 in the Battle of the Atlantic.

"It was damn cold & those Commies were some crazy fighters dying for nothing, it was a shame." --- Rambo's Uncle who fought the entire Korean War.

"We sent shell after shell on the mountains, and can't believe they kept coming. It was nothing like blinking at the testing of the Hydrogen Bomb. We freed these people, I hope they understand the cost" --- Rambo's other Uncle how fought in the Korean War.

"BITE ME" --- Legend, March 6, 2007.

Deny that,

-Legend >>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

You don't need to interview historical figures John. You just need to do a little reasearch/reading.

There's usually nothing less accurate than personal testimony from the guys on the ground either.

I have no doubt that your uncles held those opinions. It seems to run in your family.

So we are supposed to ignore direct quotes, testimony, and history then follow blindly onto the blame-america band-wagon? HMMM sounds REAL logical...

Screw the Islamo-facist asshats. Go look up the grand-Mufti and his history during and following the second world war... you will find that his brand of Islam was extremely close to nazism and he actually formed and deployed an Islamic SS divison that fought during the last year of the war against the allies. He then went on to establish this whole Islamic Revolution idea that is based looseley on Nazi ideas. It is the same ideology of Iran and Syria currently.

I for one will look at the FACTS and not what is the popular opinion.

"I HATE GEORGE BUSH!" why do you hate him? "HE IS THE DEVIL!" but what do you mean? "GEORGE BUSH IS JUST PLAIN EVIL! I CANT EXPLAIN OR GIVE ANY REFERENCE BUT I DO KNOW HE IS EVIL!" well that doesn't make much sense, prehaps you should think about it? "NEVER! I WILL NEVER GIVE BUSH THE CHANCE!"

That is the logic of most ignorant people in this country who totally oppose the terror-war. I have personally asked many of them to go into more detail but non can really say much besides for the classic democrat talking points of he lied, he is making money on the war etc.

One girl at my work was ranting about Bush and I asked her what news station she heard all that non-sense from, her response? "Oh I don't watch the news it is boring.."

Ignornace breeds stupid people. stupid people hop on popular band-wagons. I am not lying about that ethier, people literally have told me that they don't read the paper or watch the news, but they know that they don't like Bush or his politics, and on that basis alone they voted for Kerry and call the President of the United States a murderer... Freedom is great but Responsibility is greater. Get informed, Bush is not trying to take over the world and does not bennifit from "killing innocent people."

Here is a wikipedia link about the Mufti, just read a little bit about the people we are fighting. He totally supported the holocaust and in some cases helped send jews to their DEATHS. He is a hero in Iran and amoung other terrorists. But America is evil and bush is a murderer? Saddam Hussien idealised Hitler and Stalin, he relished in ruling by fear and suppression, but America is wrong for taking him out? Hussien ordered the mass-genocide of the kurds to the north and fired missles at Israeli cities simply because they are jewish and he knows most Islamic nations in the region hate them. But George bush is a bad guy? Lets all support Saddam? In Sadui Arabia Islamic law just told a rape victim she will suffer 90 lashes for being outside without a male family member, basicly blaming HER for getting raped and then punishing her for it! But America is unjust? The revolutionary leaders in Iran killed thousands of undesirable following the otherthrow of the government in the 70s and supressed forgien information and news while spreading lies about Zionism to its people. But the U.S. is the worlds worst enemey?

You will being to notice things don't add up.

Nazi Islam

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

There's usually nothing less accurate than personal testimony from the guys on the ground either.

Regardless of the context of this thread, that is completely wrong. I'm assuming you mean that the people at home watching the news have a more accurate account, and information on a situation than folks actually involved in it.

OK, then. Please enlighten me as to how things work in Korea, Afghanistan, and Iraq. I was boots on the ground in all of those places, but I guess my information is less accurate because I was actually there and not being spoon-fed video bites by journalists.

Now, if you meant that being involved in a situation means that people's views can be emotionally changed, that I can see. Although even THEN that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I guess it's time to haul the "Mass Generalizations Are the Children of Ignorance" quote again.

damn everyone is talking politics these days...women and booze are more interesting...

And this thing 'fighting for peace' is ridiculous...I will quote a US trooper in Iraq who recently said: 'fighting for peace is like f*cking for virginity' -> he couldn't be more right about it ...

The United States and all the other countries represented at the Twin Towers were assaulted by enemies. More foreign nationals in total were killed at the towers than Amercians. Since then the military has done it's job, it has carried the war to the enemy on their soil. Since the military has done this, there has been no attack on Amercan soil and none on any of our allies either.

Iraq's entire security apparatus and Baath party were styled off the Nazi party. Iraq was pro-Nazi until occupied by the British during WW2. Syria's current leadership is also styled after Nazi Germany. Iran reminds me more of the Communist and their ideaology. They just substituted their religion in instead. That is why Iran's economy, or lack there of, will be their downfall, just like the USSR.

Everyone wants to blame Bush, but remember this, it was Bill Clinton and Al Gore's stick you head in the sand approach to foriegn policy that created the world Bush had to deal with. Eight years is a long time not to be invovled in the world arena.

Yes love the quote, yes women and boozing are also good topics. Of course SC2 is also and excellent topic.

My two cents worth.... smile.gif

Gee Whillikers,

I have yet to meet... ummm,

Let me think on it some... nope,

Haven't yet met

That one so awful SMART

They can casually label some other Cat

(... mostly minding 'is own business)

As being... STUPID. :confused:

And, most especially having NEVER

Spent enny time with 'em,

Face to face,

Where the real deal

Gets done, I mean.

VERY strange to me

That there are, apparently, some folks

Who suppose that they know

The difference... between

Smart & stupid, and,

Strangest of all!!

Are so... absolutely surely

SURE of it,

I mean. ;)

Originally posted by Konigs:

BTW, thanks Yogi for the original post.... smile.gif

Thanks. I thought it was just a touching piece to share that some would appreciate. It has been interesting (although sometimes sad) to see the discussion that the post spawned in both the SC2 and general discussion forums.

Originally posted by Konigs:

Since then the military has done it's job, it has carried the war to the enemy on their soil. Since the military has done this, there has been no attack on Amercan soil and none on any of our allies either.

You don't consider the UK and Spain as your allies? :confused:

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

Regardless of the context of this thread, that is completely wrong. I'm assuming you mean that the people at home watching the news have a more accurate account, and information on a situation than folks actually involved in it.</font>

"Assumption is the mother of ignorance of course....."

Good job you just proved that one yourself. : ) I never stated OR implied that being present would impart all knowledge of a regional situation. I merely rebutted your assertion that people present were the least accurate source of information.

"People on the ground at het time know what's happening to them - they usually have little or no idea what is happening in the battle or the war as a whole."

In a mass conscription war this might be true, but I remember being given briefing every evening as to events that were happening, might happen, and had happened, in the entire country, along with intel. Even the foot soldiers get this information, in a good unit. Once again, you use a mass generalization to cover for another mass generalization.

"I have no idea. My point is that neither do you - even tho you were there. do you REALLY know what is happening with internal Iraqi politics? Or even internal Sadr army politics? you have no idea what's happening with the Taliban, and AFAIK only OBL knows whether he is stil alive...if he's still alive that is."

OK, so you randomly pick some subjects and expect that me just being there I should know? Once again, you are twisting my post totally out of context. I said that being there lets you know BETTER, not know EVERYTHING. This is typical of someone who is so lost on the subject that their response is to talk in extremes.

"You knew what happened to you, yuo had a vague idea of what happened to other people in your unit, you might have had a better idea if you weer in command of a unit, you had even less idea of what was happening to people in other units and yo had no idea at all of what was happening 5-10-100 miles away.

See the above response. Once again, putting words in my mouth.

"How then can you tell me that you know what was going on in all of Afghanistan or Iraq??"

Once again, see above statement. I'll bet I know better than you do. That's my point.

"Our ignorance of what is going on is much greater than our knowledge of it."

That, I wholeheartedly agree with.

"People do not like to recognise how much they do not know, and your reaction is a typical response when confronted with it."

Yer talking to a scientist. If ANYONE knows how much they don't know, it's me.

Please go back and actually read my post this time.

My visit to South Korea was eye opening. Bottom line: 50,000,000 FREE PEOPLE because the USA led force with South Korea (and minimal help from other NATO allies) stopped the oppression of the North/China/Russia. It's that simple.

Far as the situation in Iraq/Iran/MiddleEast. Hey, I don't like war. Blessed are the peacemakers. Hey, I don't like anybody dying from any country. But when these pricks keep blowing themselves up in a pizza parlor, girl's schools, some religious site...it sure isn't George Bush's fault. It sure isn't Jesus Christ's fault. It sure isn't God's fault. It sure isn't Christians fault. It's the guy pulling the suicide ripcord's fault.

These pyschos don't represent squat. I'm sick of people badmouthing the USA. We are far from perfect, and have our share of sins. But at least we are trying to make a better planet. NOBODY DOES MORE THAN THE USA FOR OTHERS. We are first to respond at diasters, with aid, food, water, medicine, etc. We help, help, and help....and still the wallflowers like Stalin's Organ complain.

Should I be surprised by your belief's with a name like Stalin's Organ? Hell (Heaven), you're probably just another broke ass, lazy Commie trying to take from the workin' man.

Get a job,

-Legend