My playing partner just brought up a possible 1.05a disfunction with reference to Bomber spotting.

Now I haven't had time to check it out, but I thought I would post and see if other players have noticed that the spotting is not 5 tiles in good weather.

As I remember it, all land units were reduced to half their introductory spotting of 2 tiles to 1 when reconning over water tiles in 1.05a.

Was there a clause excepting bombers or did this apply (halved spotting) to them as well?

[ December 19, 2006, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

Well sorry guys but Agamemnon is right!

I just checked it out and Bombers only have a spotting perimeter of 3 tiles over water, irregardless of weather conditions.

So if you think its 5 in clear conditions, well be forwarned, you may not see that invasion fleet parked only 4 tiles off your coast using just your bomber.

The best solution is, no spotting for any unit any time, period!

That takes the guess work out of it.

No secret rules.

Just grope around in the dark, with no idea, no plan, and no need for a plan. The way a strategy game is supposed to be played.

If you run into something out at sea, you run into something. It's simple, it's as it should be.

That is the way this game has always worked: Arbitrary, out of nowhere, what the hell moments.

Cool