Iceland / Op-moving the canadian bomber

I a recent game I "Vichy Franced" Denmark and Iceland by taking Kopenhagen and Reykjavik in the same turn. In the turn summary Iceland still declared independence and joined the allies. Next turn the corps that had taken the capital was gone. In another game, when I was playing allies, Iceland remained neutral after Denmark had surrendered.

How does the activation of Iceland work?

I also tried op-moving the canadian bomber but couldn't get it to either Iceland nor UK. Is there a range limit for op-moving units?

But what about Iceland? I tried it again, but this time I took Iceland first and Denmark in the following turn.

After Denmark had surrendered Iceland joined the Allies and my occupying corps was gone. Is this intended or something that may have to be fixed?

This is just how the current system is setup to work, i.e. similar to how once France surrenders any Vichy territory currently held by Axis will still automatically become Vichy. In this case, the existing forces in these territories will get returned to their home territory, i.e. Italian troops occupying Marseilles will be returned to Italian friendly territory. I'll admit that I haven't tried the Iceland first strategy but it should essentially happen the same way.

In terms of how this generally functions I have considered making a few adjustments where the territory transfer will not always be automatic but all I can say for now (for sure) is that it is on that possible future enhancement list.