Where is Guderian

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blashy:

Yes and IF Hubert added in EVERY request, the game would not be released for another year or two.

So he creates an editor and you can make the game to YOUR liking.

But that's a problem for Kuniworth.

No what bothers me is that you playtesters never pointed this under the development phase. I had a big debate with you back then where you never even would consider my arguments but defended the faulty leaderfile from SC1. It was not until Hubert stepped up and said he might alter it(which he did in some ways) that you shut up.

Smg 42 is correct in one aspect. How can you Blashy motivate the absence of Guderian but presence of Chuikov? Answer that Tony.

Hey Concord Dan, I really like your suggestions on a debate thats been going on for 2,5 years about getting the standard scenarios right. Please go back and read it before throwing this "you are an anti-editor war-monger" crap.

Oh if its so easy for me why couldnt the dev team do it. Rokossovsky is a top 10 WW2 general on the front/army group scale but he did not make the cut.

If I would get an explanation for it I would accept the decision. But since no really good arguments are presented this makes it even more puzzling.

But I guess the reason for not including certain well known generals is not to have too many high ranking officers for a certain country so it changes the balance off the game. THat is a valid point, however I would not make the choices made in this model(why include german general Weiss for example?)

Either that's the explanation or it's plain laziness.

So Bill M or Dave M, third recih enthusiasts and playtesters...I always here you talk about playing wargames...here is a question;

Do you think the leaderfile could be improved to a later patch?

Originally posted by Gérard Le Poer Trench:

the simple reason would be that Guderain was a general not a field Marshall

If that was true why are other generals(not field marshals) included? And why are some vital field marshals missing?

The truth is that its no logic to the leaderfile at all.

LOL You have been discussing this issue for 2.5 years? What a colossal waste of time. The strength of the game is the editor and ease of modding. A reason for leaving a simple leader out is to encourage players to explore the editor. Don’t like Weiss change his name to Kuniworth.

A question for you, why are you trying to force your opinion on the rest of the players?

Originally posted by Concord Dan:

LOL You have been discussing this issue for 2.5 years? What a colossal waste of time. The strength of the game is the editor and ease of modding. A reason for leaving a simple leader out is to encourage players to explore the editor. Don’t like Weiss change his name to Kuniworth.

A question for you, why are you trying to force your opinion on the rest of the players?

Im not, I'm trying to alter the original scenarios to make them more historical correct(AND to make some logic sense) as those are the ones most played for the tcp/ip guys over here.

Another explanation is to view the HQ as command infrastructure. The German 9 HQ is labeled Manstein. It could be that this represents top leadership/effort. So, a different label could be 'Manstein/Guderian' or 'Command Effort A' The Weiss group would then represent 'Command Effort D' etc

IMHO, I doubt the default scenario will be the one played 1 year from now, why?

Same thing as SC1, people will find loopholes that need adjusting and can be done through the editor and will be done so no house rules are required and yes I am 100% sure this game can be played without any house rules, even at this stage prior to a first patch.

Anyways, 1000s of people compared to a handfull of beta testers will come out with stuff we have not seen or discovered or even thought of doing and some of these might require adjustments, hence changing the default campaign.

Originally posted by Concord Dan:

Another explanation is to view the HQ as command infrastructure. The German 9 HQ is labeled Manstein. It could be that this represents top leadership/effort. So, a different label could be 'Manstein/Guderian' or 'Command Effort A' The Weiss group would then represent 'Command Effort D' etc

Yes this is the most reasonable explanation, but it still have flaws. Why Rommel, Kesselring, Manstein, Model but no Guderian? Why Chuikov but no Rokossovsky? etc etc

Anyway we view this it will be flaws because it's not logic. And if it shall remain with no logic why not include Guderian has SMG 42 urged for?

From the Manual -

"HEADQUARTERS

Generally a strategic unit that provides leadership and logistical support

to subordinate units, a Headquarters (HQ) unit might be as large as a Corpssized

unit – containing reserves and combat support elements to support major

operations – or smaller and more mobile such as those deployed by both sides

to North Africa."

It does not represent a SINGLE leader or his abilities. Hubert should have just given the HQ labels like 'Army Group B' etc.

Why not just fix it right? Why such an attitude against the Truth? Then these clowns defend laziness, what a joke...just like politicians.
Who you callin' Clown?

LOL,

Ah, Enfant Terrible,

Is there no end

To your feckless renown?

Here's a picture puzzle for you

[... since, lazing, you ain't playin'

Terif as yet, as promised]

Can you?

Tell me who painted the clown

Depicted below? ;)

Do that within 5 minutes!

From now!

And I will straighten out ALL the World's

Many senseless messes,

INCLUDING!

Whatever!

It IS... that yer currently complaining

ABOUT.

Not sure just what that IS,

But... I'll giv it the old SC College try! ;)

picpost1Picasso.jpg