A little gift to wet your appetite.

Kuniworth, perhaps it's your piss poor attitude and "my way or the highway" stance that gets your points dismissed.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Victor Reijkersz:

Do I forsee your AI versus my AI battles? Who can make the best AI?

Guys....get a life.</font>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Blashy for all the great work you, Desert Dave and Pzngdnr are doing to make SC2 a success. The different strategies and diligent testing; which consumes "alot of time", will surely lead to a better game for all.

Back to topic,

Though I have seen your posts mention lots of units and how they are used. I don't recall parachute units being mentioned. Any comments on them?

I noticed that the USSR now has 3 ports on the Black Sea and a larger navy. Any chance of Germany building a Black Sea fleet in a caputered Soviet port? Do you ever see the Soviets launching an amphibious invasion from the Black Sea?

And finally, can securing Turkey as an ally help either side?

Ok guys, if it settles things down and if anyone needs to point fingers at someone it might as well be me... after all I am the only one coding and missing apparent deadlines.

That being said, the good news is that we are now finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it honestly won't be much longer until everyone has the chance to take a good look at the game and see what it has to offer.

To comment on this thread I'd just like to say that on the development side we are all working hard and that includes Blashy, Dave, Bill and myself... and so if any one of us can be forgiven for becoming *slightly* attached to this project we would much appreciate it. Remember most of us have been at work on this for a few years now and if it seems a little personal at times (we are only human) that's probably because it is ;)

Granted this thread started off with a game that was outside the historical norm and I think this led to some *conclusion jumping* and because of that I'd just like to remind everyone that this was simply a game that highlighted what is possible and not necessarily what the default game will have to offer.

Also, please keep in mind that the game is being tested on many levels, and with the editor (remember it is much more powerful than in SC1 enabling testers to make pretty much as many changes as they like) each of our testers can go outside the box and test things to how they see fit as well as to see how it might play out. Note, this is just to say that the game is not only being tested along the default parameters but outside of the defaults as well as we want to make sure the game holds up for potential customizations as well... think long haul ;) .

Now as far as the tone of this thread, I'll admit that there are many great points but I question the delivery of some of the posts. Also, for those (not mentioning names here but you know who you are) who are well known for stirring up trouble in the past don't necessarily be surprised if you actually have something concrete to say and find it is not warmly received. Like it or not past posting history can play a large part in how you are received and this is even in the best of times and/or when you have the best intentions.

I think that pretty much covers it and if you guys can keep it civil just long enough I might actually have enough time to wrapping this game up sooner rather than later ;)

Hubert