New StratCom Design Contest Begins

Started by Forum Member Timskorn in the regular discussion fourm, the StratCom Design Challenge has quickly attracted a lot of activity and led to some really awesome design ideas for future Strategic Command games. Frankly, it's been noticed by Hubert and we have now decided to turn this into an officially supported community contest with prizes to win!

So give it your best shot! Or multiple! Post your best design ideas and let others rate them. If your idea makes it into a future game, or among the top 5 rated designs, you're going to win a free copy of a future StratCom game and a spot on the beta testing team.

[ Read all the details on the StratCom Design Contest Here ]

Madmatt

Yup.

Quote from Hubert: "..Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has posted so far and I hope you repost your ideas in the new official contest forum."

So I guess you have to re-post them, just copy/paste will do I guess.

Yep, definitely use any of your ideas you've posted here. Since this is an official contest though, just make sure if you haven't already that your idea conforms to the outline given. This would be a good time to revisit your concept too and see if there's anything you'd want to add, change or remove from it before posting for the contest.

Originally posted by powergmbh:

ehhh all the "old" ideas mentionned in the older thread are allready taken into account, or do i have to write all new?

Unfortunately this was required as the new Forum allows us to control the contest in an ideal fashion, i.e. posts can be approved and properly voted on etc.

• 2 months later...

It's most likely due to the 8080 port we're using temporarily (until our server move is over in a few weeks). We found that many company firewalls are blocking this port for communication.

Martin