I've had an opportunity to play with World at War this weekend... looking for something to play OTHER than SC1!!!

I have to say I'm supremely unimpressed. It's Axis & Allies, with all the fun removed. The old A&A game I have is much, much more fun.

All in all, I'm shocked at how little I liked the game. It seems the developer sat down and said "How can I complicate this simple game".

just my $0.02.

J

I can't comment about the comparison with A&A, as I've never played. "Fun removed". I digress. I will give you, it surely is not SC and I expect a notch or two below SC2, but a diversion until the real thing arrives, SC2, and a stimulus for ideas.

Lol tongue.gif I disagree completely about WaW lacking the 'fun' factor. SC it isn't, nor A&A, but it is a great game, even against the AI, with lots of strategic nuances. To each their own I guess, but I am more than happy with the purchase, gameplay and value.

Ron

i played it, honestly.... with IP it would be Axis & Allies "advanced"

sorta boring vs Strategic BECAUSE you can't trial the IP aspects which fast paced allow for 1000 Xs the strategic possibilities.. A&A had more capabilities in that regard and was more pleasurable a game.. sadly.. <<Puts WAW up for soon>>

Well WAW is not bad. I hope they will fix some of the glaring problems in research as it is to important to research (2/3 of your prodction into research?????) IMHO, fix some bugs and modify some of the glaring cheese tactics nad teh game will be fine.

Still I am looking for SC2 as I love the first installment and I am still thinking that it is superior in gameplay.

Hopefully the 2nd. will be as much fun.

My involvement is simply much higher: I fear for the life of every unit and experience and tech give a nice advantage and are meaningful.

Maybe if SC3 covers the whole world war I will like it as much as WaW. I enjoyed SC1 for a few months but it got old for me after I kept getting destroyed by my opponents massive air attacks. Super jets, and lots of them sort of took the fun out of SC1. I have only been playing WaW for a month now, but the larger scale is much more appealing to me. SC2 looks like it isn't going to be all that different than SC1, especially when you consider that the map scale is essentially the same size.

Actually, Gary Grigsby's World at War is a very good game. The next patch will make it even better. A future patch, not likely the next one, will add TCP/IP online play. Right now I'm thoroughly enjoying the Play By Email feature.