Pre-Order SC2 Mod Request

Will someone *PLEASE* create a "Whole World" map for me (when the game is released of course)? I have such a hard on for a global WWII campaign!

Oh, maybe someone will setup a website for custom games since we'll now be able to use the scripting to create a crapload of possible maps/battles/campaigns.

May I ask why you do not make such a map yourself when it comes out?

The editor is so simple to use it makes you think that it can't do much and yet it can create a whole new game redface.gif .

The ease of use of the editor is in itself Hubert's greatest achievement from my point of view.

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blashy:

[QB] May I ask why you do not make such a map yourself when it comes out?

1. Lack of Time

2. Lack of Creativity/Artistry

3. Lack of Time

I should have been more specific in asking for a Global WWII Campaign, not just the map. </font>

Originally posted by WindyCity:

Columbus has done more for the CM community then I care to add up.

I have done more for the sc community than any of you guys. So that why you now shall give me a complete eastern front scenario with historical OOB and other realistic stuff.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WindyCity:

Columbus has done more for the CM community then I care to add up.

I have done more for the sc community than any of you guys. So that why you now shall give me a complete eastern front scenario with historical OOB and other realistic stuff. </font>

Are we some kind of slaves?? Someone you can point the whip on and order balanced scenarios so you can relax while we work our butts off?????

The one who joins the game must take the consequences of the game.

Free-rider.

Umm, OK.

It looks like you were trying to be funny, but the lack of smile.gif:D;)tongue.gif :cool: makes me wonder if your just being a d!ck.

[mini rant]

I made a legit request, just like 1000's of others make mod requests to mod designers. I figured there was at least one person on here that was already planning on creating a Global map/scenario and I wanted them to publish it when they were done so the rest of us could enjoy it.

BTW, I'm the last person in the CM world you should be calling a Free rider.

[/mini rant]

If I'm wrong and you WERE trying to be funny, please ignore my little rant. I can take a joke. ;)

;) Columbus , I think you are not the only one looking for a "WORLD war". Though hopefully one of the busy modder bees here will see such a map as a challenge.

I think its a good challenge challenge for the "mighty editor of SC2" tongue.gif

ColumbusOHGamer

Have faith,

Your world wide conflagration

Will no doubt become reality

(... no matter! That NO ONE is actually able

to completely describe what that kaleidoscopic Gestalt called "reality"... actually is! ;) )

No, IMHO, and FWIW, Kuni

Is no - how you so blithely describe,

"Dick."

Nor,

Any "Jane."

Instead,

He be a... free spirit.

And there are very very very

Very very very very very very

Very very very!

FEW of those left.

Anywhere.

Usually, when found

By those jealous that they THEMSELVES

Just cannot be so courageously

Free,

In mind, body and spirit,

Well,

What is liable to occur,

And as has been done

Since cave days,

Them fear-full ones

Mock them or lock them or,

Yeah,

It's our everlasting,

Alpha-to-Omega shame,

Plant a shabby stick-cross... has no name.

BTW,

My folks were both from Ohio,

The Old Man from Canton-Massilon,

And Mom from Columbus,

O what a great, green rolling-hill State!

I just recently made a 4,000 mile

Round trip in Bessie the Blue Bus,

My VW Kamper,

(... just missed that Mad Cat who was

shooting innocents on the free-ways, hope

they "throw the book" at 'im, now, there's

the kind of Dude DESERVES mocking

or locking or... )

Just one last question?

IF you should know?

Since you been around awhile.

HOW did the Old Homestead,

MY beloved Ohio,

[... Cleveland WILL capture that American

League pennant this year! I have... faith)

Manage to rig that last Presidential

Election, yep, you know,

How they violated the voting rights

Of my brothers & sisters

Left out... in the rain? :rolleyes:

* I don't get it,

some CM legend walks in and tells the community to make him a map

why? Because he don't got the time.

* I tell him *politely* that he can't be sure that people are not slaves somewhere else, like at work or chained up in a s&m club.

* Then I get jumped by some sc-community wannabies tellin me Ive hurt their feelings once. Among them some canuck who can't take it that Mats Sundin and not Joe Sakic won the gold medal at the olympic hockey.

* Then the CM bastard shows up and is apperently the only one who can get the joke.

* But before anyone can reply anymore DD "kills it off" with a poem and thats that.

This was a kinda odd forum experience...even for a free spirit who refuses Graemlins...

Oh and the name windy city aint that some kind of Baldur's gate stuff? Or is it from He-Man master of the universe, that vessel wind-rider you got it from?

Wind-rider.

Free rider.

Got similarities...

Look at me I am Kuniworth,

I have done more for SC then anyone, you all are a bunch of freeloaders :rolleyes:

Come on the only one saying that is YOU

I think Columbus got the later of the two correct, your just being a dick !

BTW Windycity/Chicago ;)

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Will someone *PLEASE* create a "Whole World" map for me (when the game is released of course)? I have such a hard on for a global WWII campaign!

Oh, maybe someone will setup a website for custom games since we'll now be able to use the scripting to create a crapload of possible maps/battles/campaigns.

To get back to the topic.

Think Edwin is planning a Pacific mod, possible linked to the Europe map. Should give you most of what you want. Look for the topic on page 2 or 3.

* I don't get it,

some CM legend walks in and tells the community to make him a map

why? Because he don't got the time.

Go back and read my original post. Notice the giant '*PLEASE*'. I never ordered anyone to do anything. I made a request.

* I tell him *politely* that he can't be sure that people are not slaves somewhere else, like at work or chained up in a s&m club.

To quote your response -

"Are we some kind of slaves?? Someone you can point the whip on and order balanced scenarios so you can relax while we work our butts off?????"

Sorry, I fail to see how that is polite. It's not even needed. If you didn't want to help me out, you could have done the truely polite thing and ignored my request. Instead, you've hijacked the thread and turned it into a flame-fest. Thanks for making my life just a bit more diffcult today, I really needed it.

* Then I get jumped by some sc-community wannabies tellin me Ive hurt their feelings once. Among them some canuck who can't take it that Mats Sundin and not Joe Sakic won the gold medal at the olympic hockey.

* Then the CM bastard shows up and is apperently the only one who can get the joke.

* But before anyone can reply anymore DD "kills it off" with a poem and thats that.

This was a kinda odd forum experience...even for a free spirit who refuses Graemlins...

I've seen plenty of people like you before. You post in vague riddles, poems, jibberish, etc. becuase you think it makes you look intelligent.

It doesn't. Maybe next time you can simply ignore a request that doesn't matter to you instead of trying to stir up sh!t.

@ColumbusOhio --- Buckeye, you got game? We need some fresh American players. With your stuck up attitude, you probably attended Miami of Ohio. Forget the big city, move to Urbana, Zanesville, or some other old school area. What's up with the Twin Towers & Horseshoe?

Are you truly a CM Icon? I haven't been impressed with that crowd.

I'd like to officially challenge you to a game of SC-2 !!!

"I'd wish you luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you had it" --- Alec Baldwin in the movie classic, Glengary Glenross.

Captain of Team USA,

Jon J. Rambo

As originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

I've seen plenty of people like you before. You post in vague riddles, poems, jibberish, etc. becuase you think it makes you look intelligent.

From my experience,

Clinical, in research and else wise, IE,

School of hard-*ss knocks, well,

I've found that the impulsive,

Spontaneous bling, the dischordant sing-song

And consonant banter,

VERY often conceals sub-conscious,

Nearly meta-mythic details

Of the dreamer's inner landscape,

Which can only help us all

Realize true completion,

As the "actualized" (Maslow)

As the "individuated" (Jung)

As the... ALMOST reckless "ecce homo" (Neitzsche)

Self.

Nota doggone thing wrong with that,

Though,

Those who are "schizo-affective"

(... now a common diagnosis

in the APA's DSMV IV)

CANNOT often "edit" or set to harmonious

Music, so to speak,

And, so to edify or shine crooked light

As it were, upon

The a'times awkward, and ragged

Collection of scatted,

Be scattered words.

Not a problem.

Merely takes patience, and,

Willingness to "work through"

The most difficult passages.

Some will do it.

Some refuse.

Some will notice approaching Satori,

Some will holler! - what the hell's the use! ;)

LOL,

It's all... WE are all,

A fleeting fragment of the big shebang!

Now,

Temporarily,

Settled on this our fragile planet earth.

Each of EQUAL worth, no matter

Who might insist otherwise.

**BTW: Thanks for the SC-2 holding site. Perhaps they be others, we see.

Go! Ohio! smile.gif

Santa is a lie.
Nah, jjr, it's merely

A failure of praeternaturel intuition.

Good to remain "child-like."

Though, not so pleasing pleasant

To PERSIST in "child-ISH-ness."

(... given that EVERYONE, without

exception has those sorts of mad moments when the Super Ego has failed to modulate the ID; I myself ONLY worry when that impatient one, who observes such a precocious terribleness, PRETENDS that ONLY they, and they alone, are NOT EVER capable of acting out in the same, or a similar manner. ;) )

[ March 08, 2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]