Originally posted by Joe98:

How do I achieve this view?

Where is the option?

-

Heh! Buy the game and you can experience it all! :D

Seriously, these smaller campaigns/battles (Kursk & D-Day) have nothing to do with the "grand" campaign... They are totally independent scenarios...

[ April 17, 2006, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: saur_kraut ]

I have the game, and would like to zoom out sometimes in the campaign. In the Atlantic it's tough to tell where you are sending your ships. Hunting subs I often find that I sent the navy too far north or south or east when I trying to stay near the shipping lanes.

That's my problem, I can't access the other settings, the only one I can check is the lowest one - so I don't see much of the map!

Is there anyway to change that short or changing my screen resolution? I have a widescreen laptop and sure don't want to mess up the rez it shipped with - it's perfect - EXCEPT for SC2. :confused:

Ideas anyone?

Originally posted by Joe98:

I am asking whether I can play the demo, with the view set the same as in the screen shots mentoned above.

In a separate question, can you play the full campaign in that view?

-

Sorry Joe, I misunderstood your question. I assumed you were talking about the individual battle scenarios which provide a different view/angle versus the grand campaign... (Like different units and fortifications)... My bad! (never looked at the screenshots that you referenced) Ooops! tongue.gif

Hi Hubert,

My rez is 1440 X 900

Which sound big but the game will only let me click the lowest setting on resoultion.

Strange.

The game is GREAT - I'm having fun trying figure it out - just took Moscow and am still driving forward in the East in early '44 in the Barbarossa campaign.

Many thanks for all your hard work!

- Louie

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Perhaps one of the higher resolutions will help in this regard?

If only my monitor allowed me a higher resolution. :( Zoom-out would definitely be nice.

It would be cool if you could at some point add support for wide-screen resolutions like 1440x900 as they are becoming more and more popular. Frankly I see little reason to buy standard 4:3 screens anymore, other than for game compatibility. But that's another issue.

• 2 weeks later...

My old laptop (IBM T21 800 MHz) is limited to 1280x768; at that resolution France or Poland take up the entire screen, limiting its usefulness. Also it takes about a second to move one row of squares. It worked great for SC1; but I guess I'm going to have to upgrade; this $45 game is going to end up costing me several hundred, I suspect.

smile.gif