Not a complaint just something that needs a fix in the next patch. I am attacking the U.S. in early 1946 with very good power, the U.S. is about to be wiped out and guess what it is still sending units to england [lots of units] and without any kind of protection and I keep picking these units off with ease with my subs. Maybe we should not be playing in 1946 in this game but I have been and it needs fixing. PLEASE!

Thank you

Willy

Accept it, you've won. I'm not sure that defense scripts for the United States should be that high a priority in comparison with other projects...

It may not look like it, but you're trying to word-process on an excel spreadsheet. Of course the US's defense plans are under-planned. And of course any A/I can be counted to do very stupid things when out of its range of expertise.

Perhaps you should start PBEMing.... Or raise the difficulty level.

If you're very concerned that the United States is a push-over once invaded, I'd suggest working on the A/I scripts yourself. For that matter, build an "Invasion US mod" -- the danger with scripting US defense A/I is that it's code that might get used once or twice.

[ July 03, 2006, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Cary ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

William, this has been fixed for the next patch.

Thank you Hubert for your attention to the posts, maybe I should not be playing in 1946, who knows. One other issue that maybe needs attention and that is Malta, with both the Suez and Gibralta and North Africa in axis hands there should be no way Malta can be reinforced with troops, maybe supplies but not troops, I was told in an earlier post that would be too much micro-management, but beings Malta has a lot to do with Axis supplies in North Africa I think it should be looked into.

Willy

Originally posted by Cary:

Accept it, you've won. I'm not sure that defense scripts for the United States should be that high a priority in comparison with other projects...

It may not look like it, but you're trying to word-process on an excel spreadsheet. Of course the US's defense plans are under-planned. And of course any A/I can be counted to do very stupid things when out of its range of expertise.

Perhaps you should start PBEMing.... Or raise the difficulty level.

If you're very concerned that the United States is a push-over once invaded, I'd suggest working on the A/I scripts yourself. For that matter, build an "Invasion US mod" -- the danger with scripting US defense A/I is that it's code that might get used once or twice.

Gary thank you for your input, whether anyone will attack the U.S. I guess is questionable, and your right maybe it wasn't necessary for Hubert to properly script that portion of the game, but Gary the troop ships have no protection and that must be fixed, also my post was not a complaint just an observation, as for doing my own lets not go there as I have no talent in that area. We pay for that talent in cash.

Willy

Originally posted by Blashy:

If you have ALL the MED, why do you bother trying to take Malta?

It only affects 3 cities for MPPs. Just leave it there. It can't do anything.

Because it's there! No your right there's no point in taking it, just curious about the reinforcements that's all, thanks for your input.

Willy

Originally posted by william bowen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blashy:

If you have ALL the MED, why do you bother trying to take Malta?

It only affects 3 cities for MPPs. Just leave it there. It can't do anything.

Because it's there!</font>

Blashy: Can't the Malta corps amphib out? I'm playing a Med domination strategy as Axis and wanted Malta so I didn't have to garrison around the Med. as much (there is no way Allies can reach many targets except from Malta).

Originally posted by Colin I:

Blashy: Can't the Malta corps amphib out? I'm playing a Med domination strategy as Axis and wanted Malta so I didn't have to garrison around the Med. as much (there is no way Allies can reach many targets except from Malta).

If you have Spain and took out Egypt, you only need to keep a unit on Rome.

If he amphibs out and lands somewhere else it will actually be easier for you to go take it out and you can simply amphib a unit on an empty Malta. If he operates an AF on it, well then that AF is useless and it is in your favor.