Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.07 Patch Released!!!

Battlefront.com and Fury Software are thrilled to announced that the v1.07 Patch for Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg is now available.

This new v1.07 Patch features even more advanced AI, bug fixes and better Windows Vista support (patch notes below). This patch is all inclusive and includes all the fixes from previous patches (v1.01-v1.06).

Along with the v1.07 Patch, we have also released an updated game DEMO with the same v1.07 enhancements and fixes applied.

Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.07 Patch Download Page

1.07 PATCH NOTES

SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTICE

Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.07 is NOT compatible with older save games from ANY previous version of the game. If you wish to play multiplayer with someone else, make sure that they have upgraded their game to version 1.07.

v1.07 GAME ENGINE CHANGES

- fixed a network/client campaign selection and script toggle error - fixed a rebuild error for minor HQs

- fixed an AI land unit movement

- fixed a purchase unit bug where the game engine was not repurchasing (repurchaseable) minor units that had been previously destroyed with supply > 5

- added some additional AI purchase logic for when the AI has a sizeable bank account. AI will attempt to make additional purchases as outlined

in the PURCHASE script in order to exhaust available MPP as well as to max out available upgrades when making these special unit purchases

- added some additional AI research logic for when the AI has a sizeable bank account. AI will attempt to make additional research investments as outlined

in the RESEARCH script in order to exhaust available MPP

- fixed a paratroop bug that allowed prepared paratroops from inactive majors to attack active countries

- added a surprise unit combat for transports that embark and reveal a hidden naval unit

- fixed a fortress/fortification overrun bug

- DirectX installation error corrected as was mostly seen on Vista installations

EDITOR RELATED CHANGES

- fixed a Marsh tile error

- PURCHASE scripts now allow for minors to be scripted for purchases

- fixed a small error with the US Vichy Algeria AMPHIBIOUS script

- adjusted USA PURCHASE scripts

- fixed a few script related errors for the Axis AI (Garrison, Offensive)

- fixed an Editor display error under Vista

Madmatt

I didn't download & install the 'New-PATCH' right away, as i was currently embroiled in a Major-Action-Adventure!.

However...since i have now downloaded the 'PATCH', and tried to install it into my current v1.0610 game on my Lap-Top,...what i got was a 'New-Folder'made up instead???.

...'Entitled'... "Battlefront_v1.07".

My ORIGINAL v1.0610 game/game-folder was still intact, 'without any changes to it' & 'it still works' as good as ever, but instead of re-writing the 'PATCH' over this existing Folder, the 'New-PATCH',...instead makes me up another folder as i just stated above in the previous paragraph!.

When i tried to start the SC2.exe program,...the game would not start!,...the message i got was...

*"SC2.exe_Unable to locate Component"*

*"This application has failed to start because elicen40.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem."*

???So what gives here_signed ..."Confused & Perplexed!".

I Shall give your recommendation's a try!. Thank's for giving me an answer!.

I'm now returning with my result's!.

***[#1]_I removed my SC2_v1.0601 game from my LapTop H.D. .

***[#2]_Then i went to... http://battlefront.elicense.com/download.asp

to 'Directly Download the SC2 Game,...of course you will also need to have your 'PRODUCT LICENSE KEY' Number input into the required box before the download can begin!.

***[#3]_Next...you will need to install the... 'Strategic_Command_2_Blitzkrieg_v107_Patch.exe' .

***[#4]_After that is completed, you will be asked to Reboot your Computer!,...i chose not to, and so the Computer did not reboot;...HOWEVER!,...somehow...things faded out and got Black?,...then the mouse-pointer hour-glass appeared on the 'Black-Screen' and the game proceeded to boot-up!,...without me/myself & i initiating it?.

***[#5]_As the Game Booted-Up...i saw v1.07 displayed on the lower-right-hand-corner of the Boot-Up-Screen!. I tried out one of the Campaigns, and all was working well!. Now!...i just have to try to get my User-Made-Mod-Campaigns into this SC2_v1.07 Game!.

***[#6]_Later on i thought nothing of starting SC2_v1.07...BUT!...instead of starting [As i was under the impression that...that reboot thing was taken care of]...INSTEAD of Starting the Game,...my Computer was FORCED to Shut-Down!,...while i had several other projects on the go!. So...'Make Sure To ReBoot your Computer for SC2_v1.07' to avoid any unexpected unpleasantness as i had experienced!.

That's it for now!.

[ September 23, 2007, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

I am happy to report I installed the patch and it's working fine!

One small glitch tho - I thought it wouldn't let you run any games saved under the old patch, but I just finished a saved game after installing the patch!

The game says 1.07 when you start it, so I guess it's working anyway!!