Diplo problem with patch?

Ok before the patch I played a good 6+ games as Axies and in all of them I used diplo chits to bring Spain into the war on the side of the Axies. I had never had any problems with it.

I played a game Saturday night, after I installed the patch, and started to put Chits into Spain in early 41. I got one bump in mid 41 and by end of 41 I had 5 full chits from both Germany and Italy. According to the display that gave me %25 chance from Germany and %15 chance from Italy each turn to bump Spain. I did NOT get another bump for the rest of the game that ended in 45.

Now either I had a really bad run of luck, would not suprise me I am very unlucky, or something got FUBARed. Has anyone else seen this problem pre or post patch?

I've had pre and post patch.

Terif feels Spain is a slam dunk for Axis, I do not think so as I've had 5 chits in Spain from Germany in Sept 39 and 5 chits from Italy the turn Italy joins. I do this EVERYTIME.

I've gone WHOLE games with only 1-2 hits.

I have had this occur many times.

Think about it the odds are still against you.

Originally posted by Blashy:

I've had pre and post patch.

Terif feels Spain is a slam dunk for Axis, I do not think so as I've had 5 chits in Spain from Germany in Sept 39 and 5 chits from Italy the turn Italy joins. I do this EVERYTIME.

The probabilities - 25% for Germany (canceled out eventually by UK chits) and 20% Italy; so, once every 5 turns Italy should have a success. Sure, it's all random so you can end up having gotten only 1-2 hits before the other majors blocked your diplo efforts. But under normal circumstances i.e. average 'luck' , Axis have really quite some chances.

Think that the most aggro diplo strategy for Germany is scraping the rockets and intelligence chits and sinking 4 diplo chits in the first turn of the game - i.e. several turns before UK can actually start countering (ok they can during the 2nd turn at the expense of everything else tongue.gif )

I remember talking to Yoda about this a while ago - UK had the option of either defending heavily Egypt or using cash to block diplo efforts - if they picked the first choice, Axis would certainly seduce Spain, unless really bad luck was involved smile.gif

As of v 1.01, Egypt is no more worth fighting for so , obviously the allied player will counter the axis diplo efforts.

Personally I find 3 chits quite enough until Italy is in - I can use the other 2 chits and 5 french chits for Iraq or something else smile.gif

Originally posted by Blashy:

Think about it the odds are still against you.

Yeah, if Germany has 25% and Italy 15% chance for Spain, it only means that the Allies have 60% chance every turn NOT to have Spain influenced. tongue.gif