Add "upgrade" cost feature

We were testing out his eastern front scenario and I came up with the idea that by being able to alter the individual upgrade costs for units such as tanks, one could, say fr example, make tank upgrades very expensive at the higher levels and thus encourage a mix of tank types.

Speaking of upgrades, this is a bit off-topic, but why do builds assume you want to build the lowest tech level instead of assuming you want to build the highest that you are able to afford? It seems a bit silly to have to indicate for each individual unit purchased that I want my new infantry to be equiped with modern weapons.

Originally posted by Blashy:

Can you explain what you are saying?

The cost of upgrade is too cheap? How so?

My scenario got 52 turns for each player per year and one get like 500-600 MMP per turn. Plus that each player got like 40-60 corps sized units that means a player can easily upgrade half his tanks in like one week of play time.

If I increase the cost for units I will end up with too few on the board as SC2 doesnt have retreat rules.

Originally posted by John C:

Speaking of upgrades, this is a bit off-topic, but why do builds assume you want to build the lowest tech level instead of assuming you want to build the highest that you are able to afford? It seems a bit silly to have to indicate for each individual unit purchased that I want my new infantry to be equiped with modern weapons.

When you click on a buy are you going to remember that you might be able to afford it if you take off a point of Inf Weapons, 2 points of AT, and get rid of Mobilization?

Easier to add stuff on.

Yes, and some units you don't always want all the upgrades. For backwater garrison I won't upgrade at all. Partisan duty I'll only upgrade infantry weapons. Sometimes I really need to start production on units but I don't want to wait to have enough MPP to purchase it with full upgrades.

Kuni: Yeah, hopefully the editor will become used enough (or the mods made with it popular enough) for HC to justify additional work on it. It's pretty awesome as it is, but with any editor there are always things we want to do but can't. HC has already made a good # of additions for the 1st patch, so hopefully he'll continue that with subsequent patches.