What dimensions/pixels per inch are the graphic files for units in the game? Can some of the newer higher resolution style boardgame counters now be done in SC2 by modders?
It looks like 50x50 pixels for both the 2-D and 3-D sprites. Whatever you can mod as a bitmap image and fit into that space should work fine. Be advised that the strength and research indicators show up in the lower portion so you don't want to put any information down there.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be great with a mod using the SC1 military symbols sort of fitting the sideview he... sorry i mean tiles (almost got me fired up again) so that they sort of are seen in the same view as the original battlechess creatures .. would be cool!

[ December 18, 2005, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Donnerwetter ]

Well, yet more disappointments from battlefront. Why do you guys always insist on shooting your mouths off on promises that you can't deliver on?I thought you would've learnt your lesson by now. You even stickied this thread because you were so confident of SC2 being available in december, and look at it now... Let me guess, a hacker from Germany stole your source code :rolleyes:

Haohmaru, *more* disappointments? Doh...

We had stickied this thread after Hubert posted his message here about the delay and that we prefer to disappoint our customers on the timing rather than the final product. This separates us from 99% of other developers/publishers out there which more often than not disappoint on both accounts.

Martin

Meanwhile,

Haohmaru, - where went?

The truly immense and commendable

Ozzy Zen Sense? :confused:

That real tremendous patience

In the face of... relatively speaking,

A VERY BRIEF delay

In the making of a war-game, or,

Perhaps,

In your case,

The waiting out - the final future physic

Of... an aboriginal dream? ;)

(... great nick BTW - and say, said another way, what does it mean?)

Originally posted by Haohmaru:

Well, yet more disappointments from battlefront. Why do you guys always insist on shooting your mouths off on promises that you can't deliver on?I thought you would've learnt your lesson by now. You even stickied this thread because you were so confident of SC2 being available in december, and look at it now... Let me guess, a hacker from Germany stole your source code :rolleyes:

Have you ever played a game of SC you little dork? Let the man take his time and stop this stupid postings. I'd wait a year more if I could get hexes and 2d.

@kuniworth: its only natural to be disappointed.. when you very much want something and when finally the thingie is in your grasp, but someone takes it away.. it IS frustrating.. but then again Moon is right, better a good product that came in a little late than a game with flaws that we wouldnt play more than 1week

btw i dont understand why most of u pple think tiles will suck.. i dont think it will make a great difference, game stays the same: you dont play Sc for the hexes, its much more than a tactical game (like panzer general) its a GRAND strategy game, with units that r represented in an abstract way, where entire countries wage war, not only some tanks in a wood. Its all the power of a country you will have to face..