will the allies ever invade?

It is now August 1944 and the allies sit in England picking their noses, is anybody ever and I mean ever get one of these games right, need a patch already where are the play testers, most of us find problems in the first game, good lord the 5 year old Panzer general had a better AI than this one, I surrender, what a waste of money.

Willycube

Originally posted by william bowen:

It is now August 1944 and the allies sit in England picking their noses, is anybody ever and I mean ever get one of these games right, need a patch already where are the play testers, most of us find problems in the first game, good lord the 5 year old Panzer general had a better AI than this one, I surrender, what a waste of money.

Willycube

That was sad :rolleyes:

john difool okay I will tone it down, where is that thread, I read somwhere they are working on it, my question is working on what the playtesters should have caught it a long time ago. OOOPS don't wan't to be negative ai have plenty of money to through away. sorry please tell me it will be all right in the first patch?

I have NEVER played a game that didn't have a bug or two creep in. That is to include the Panzer General series which had patches after the game was released. Over all I am finding SC 2 to be a very fun game to play, even though I prefer a turn based tatical game like the Panzer General series which I loved, SC 2 has a lot going for it so give it a chance.

Originally posted by william bowen:

john difool okay I will tone it down, where is that thread, I read somwhere they are working on it, my question is working on what the playtesters should have caught it a long time ago. OOOPS don't wan't to be negative ai have plenty of money to through away. sorry please tell me it will be all right in the first patch?

Before blaming the playtesters, consider that maybe we did find the issue or maybe they are reasons we did not find it, lack of time to test the AI thouroughly would be an example...

That's all I'm going to say.

well first of all the various major AI defects such as this one would have been found during beta testing. however its becomming increasingly common to release a game that has very poor ai and then use the money from game sales to pay an ai programmer to develop that part of the game further through patches and for the gaming community to help in its testing.

yeah thats annoying for the gamer but the reality is most strategy / war games dont have enough money and time to release a challenging AI with the game due to increasing game complexity etc, so it comes down to do you want a game that is then patched / modded to be challenging on single player or no game at all.

the way i see games development is increasingly relying on modders which i see as a positive step.

The simple fact that Hubert is known to fully support his product should be enough to ease any fears. Play the original SC and then compare it to the final patched version and you'll see.

Not to mention that he so generously created an awesome editor to go along with it, we can expect many many mods and scenarios in the future. On top of that, he's even supporting the editor to some degree and patching THAT. smile.gif

Sorry guys guess I jumped the gun here so to speak, every comment made a lot of sense to me, I have been so addicted to call of duty 2 I was looking for a quick fix to sorta wean me off of Cod2. I was a Third Reich boardgame enthusiast and when they made it into a computer game I was thrilled but that did not last long as the AI was disgraceful and the game went quickly down the tubes, There is a game on the matrix drawing board, I think it is called world at war, and it covers the pacific too, it is division level but guess what if the AI is no good then I will give up on these programers. Hopefully SC2 will get itself fixed up either by the games programers or by you modders, I don't have the time for playing the game by e-mail so I count on the AI's to be my opponet, again I appoligize for my comment's.

Bill bowen