"Actually if I were Battlefront, it would be a concern that potential customers get turned off by long waits, unkept promises and/or non-respect for their opinions."

Wow Yogi how enlightening, that BF has a lock on this and no one else in this world displays these characteristics. What dimension did you come from cause I want to follow you back :D .

Consider yourself lucky if this is the only disappointment you have to bare in this lifetime.

Heck, HC could have just said, "That's it" SC is my only release of this genre. Or, "I'm going to release this game the way I want it, damn all these suggestions."

Ranking this game's delay on the pessimistic scale of real life, between catastrophic and insignificance, it dwells in the infinitesimal fine print of the disclaimer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be foolish Karl! Do you expect us to believe that you will not pick up SC2 or even play it? Get real you geek! We all know that anybody who played SC will definitely play SC2.

who are you trying to kid?

You are already an owned man!

P.S. If you are not participating in SC multi-player games you are not much good to anybody here.

Later dates tongue.gif

Originally posted by Yogi:

... I'm all for not putting out a game until it is ready. In fact a recent purchase of Civ IV is a great example of a game that never should have been released because of too many bugs and crashes. ...

I bought Civ III when it first came out, sort of liked it but also recognized that it was a huge improvement over Civ II and I. Liked it a lot better when the patch came out making the editor a lot better than it was originally and improving various features that I thought were lacking.

Last week I used a gift certificate to buy the 3 disc box set, Civ III Complete and am amazed at much better every aspect of those games are than the one I bought over four years ago. In a lot of ways it's a different game.

The point as pertains to SC?

Well, SC as it first appeared had potential but was clearly lacking in too many areas. Hubert immediately set about to correct some of the most obvious flaws and incorporated tons of suggestions offered by us Fanboys -- (I still can't get over that cretin who wandered in and started babbling about what a bunch of asses we are and always have been while he profoundly contributed, nothing at all ).

If you want to run a little experiment to verify this, delete SC v1.07 from your hard drive and install v1.01, assuming you've got a copy. You'll see no way to transport troops around the Cape of Good Hope, carriers in port will be well near invincible and other wonderful attributes, all of which were gradually improved by Hubert during the course of v1.02-1.03-1.04-1.05-1.06-1.07. The game as it presently stands is vastly superior and that's all there is to it.

But it's still seriously flawed and a lot of us, including myself, wouldn't mind seeing the original concept perfected. Say, a version 2.01.

Anyway, Yogi, I think you have something like 95 posts and you said the last time before now was around November '04, so our definitions of having been active seems to be different.

Those of us who have been here through all of it will wait and buy the new version. So will you and Lord Drake and his cousin Lord Haw-Haw and everyone who is interested in this historical situation.

-- Or you can go back to DOS games like HiCom, Clash of Steel and Third Reich. By the way, aren't you impressed with the way their designers followed up, correcting flaws and creating patches? In a fit of loyalty to their fans they somehow missed the advent of Windows. :D

Originally posted by Esquire:

This reminds me of something I read once.

If I recall correctly it goes something like this, "Calendars are for careful people, not passionate ones".

OMG you are so WRONG...*and without dragging his life story Kuniworth just stared at the lunatic and walked away*

...Checking in after giving my genitals a break for a week or so. ;)

This thread is a wonderful example of the types of posts I mentioned in my original post. I believe my post was respectful, but the majority of the replies were quite rude, or way off topic. I know I have not ever posted here before, but as I stated I have been visiting this website for over 2 years a few times each week, and I have read just about every post made on this board. I felt that I was part of the community here, but clearly most of you don't think that is the case. This rudeness was also quite evident in the two games I attempted to play TCP/IP with a few frequent posters here.

The main points I expressed in my original post were simply that the constant missed release dates and my constant checking of the website were bothering me enough that I decided to stop checking. I must say that Hearts of Iron 2 is quite good, but I would greatly prefer if it was turn based. World at War is ok, but it is basically just "Advanced" Axis & Allies. I don't know about Anglo-German War yet, since I have not received it yet.

So, goodbye again, wish you all the very best!

[ January 04, 2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Kaptain Karl ]

I thought anyone reading this thread would remember Funbarno's post, sorry about that.

Originally posted by Fubarno:

Is some mad super villain got you tied to a computer as he sends mega jules of electricity into your genitals for each day that SC2 doesn't get released?

Just one of my very infrequent posts.

I'm also still waiting for SC2. And I will contnue to wait and buy it at the first available chance.

As for SC1, I've purchased 5 copies, 4 I gave to friends and nephews as gifts.

Just because I don't post a lot doesn't make my contribution any less than the folks who post much more often. My contribution is made from my wallet.

Side note: I alsolutly love reading this forum's banter ... you guys are the heat!

Kaptain Karl

Sitting outside looking in at people in a room doesn't make you a member of that group. Try it as an experiment, go sit on a windowsill for a while watching people in their living room and explain it later to the police.

So, you finally came in and your opening remark isn't to get involved but to be smug and condescending, insinuating you're dropping some vast insight and then vanishing again. In other words, you descended into the muck and mire briefly and are going back up again. How about considering that your post came right after Lord Drake's hostile idiocy and yes, the climate was less than friendly. So what? If you really had something to say you'd stick around and say it.

As for your second post, it's like something a high school senior would post after having taken a psychology or sociology elective and thinking he or she suddenly knows all about the world.

You're very busy in two posts sitting in judgement you say you read all the time, yet somehow feel contempt for. ;)

Desert Dave,

You mean, our Yogi is the Yogi?

Incredible!

Guess that means when we reach the fork in the road we'll need to follow it.* :D

*Yogi Berra giving directions on how to get to his house -- "When you reach the fork in the road, take it." :rolleyes: But it made sense because his house was an equal distance from either branch; he was just cutting out the extra words. ;)

Many of us are dissappointed that SCII is not out yet. I'm sure Mr. H.C. is too. But there is nothing we can do. And as many have said over the years we have been waiting, we would rather have the game done well and right. So we wait. I have bought other games in the meantime, but of course will buy SCII as soon as its announced. Patience.

Umm. Everyone knows the topic starter _IS_ Kuniworth , right ?

If in doubt, check his post to the General Forum and read this thread again, Kuni's and original poster's posting times and the messages itself. It's purposefully there for everyone to see. Especially at the end.

Now I'm wondering how boring his life must be and how boring is mine, when I have enough time for reading threads like this.

And the one in General Forum as well, also known as the Isle of the Dead. :D

Anyway, I've known Kuniworth for a long time both here and at numerous other websites and I can vouch that he'd never do anything like that. He'd never stir up trouble or do anything just to get people agitated or, uh, hmmmm, :eek: anyway, I know Kuniworth a long time. :cool: smile.gif

Yogi,

It isn't often we find ourselves with a celebrity. Perhaps this will set a trend. ;)

Originally posted by ham_v2.0:

Umm. Everyone knows the topic starter _IS_ Kuniworth , right ?

If in doubt, check his post to the General Forum and read this thread again, Kuni's and original poster's posting times and the messages itself. It's purposefully there for everyone to see. Especially at the end.

Now I'm wondering how boring his life must be and how boring is mine, when I have enough time for reading threads like this.

Now this was a really INANE post. Just compare our grammar and you'll see we're nothing like the same. Besides Kaptain Karl got his genitals tied to a computer, I don't.

[ January 07, 2006, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

ham_V2.0,

Kuni's got a good point. I'm sure you meant it humorously, but when insuations of multiple identities start flying around people tend to get banned. Often mistakenly, as I can attest to from personal experience.

But you e-mailed me back then that saying you were Jim Boggs but just did'nt want Battlefront to know. Now I don't understand... :confused: