sewer movement

Just a truly minor point I thought I'd mention-and qualified with, I might add, that CM is a great game and yes I am impressed with the detail and obvious pains taken to recreate historical accuracy--BUT, "10% chance of death" by merely entering the sewer? Isn't that somewhat absurd?

Well, sewers smell really bad! Actually, part of the attrition in the sewers is to account for troops getting lost and finally coming out after the fighting was over or coming out too far away to do any good. Having observed sewer movement at a sneak preview, I found it pretty cool and adding a whole new dimension to urban combat.

Well, those are some good points. I seem to remember reading in Enemy at the Gates (worth reading BTW, unlike the fictionalized movie) about a soviet squad in Stalingrad who accidently came up out of the sewer into a german mess. They were so filthy from the sewer that no one noticed they were soviets. If I remember right, I think they were accually served food before they left.

P.S. This Forum has been just amazing lately. I post, wait two minutes and "refresh" the page--loandbehold there are already two responses!

Originally posted by pavlov:

"10% chance of death" by merely entering the sewer? Isn't that somewhat absurd?

I should think the sewers in any large Soviet town in the 40's were dark and scary places to be at. Pretty dark too. Did I mention dark ?

You could easily get distracted in them and end up god-knows where ! Especially if you aren't familiar with the system, green etc. etc.

Originally posted by pavlov:

Come to think of it, there was a good "sewer movement" scene in the movie Stalingrad. The germans had a flamethrower in the movie, but alas, CMBB won't allow heavy weapons.

I'm not sure, but I'd bet you'd have about a 99% chance of death bringing a flamethrower into a sewer. Talk about "fire in the hole!"

Best,

Sitting Duck

How does Sewer moving actually function in CMBB ?

Can one post squads in them to intercept possible infiltrators, or mine them or booby trap them ?

Will a sewer always end within a building or always again on a street or mixed ?

How many Squads can enter/exit at a time ?

Can sewers be marked as unknown to the other side ?

Can an unknown Sewer be detected with time ?

Very interesting feature for urban fighting

Greets

Daniel

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pavlov:

P.S. This Forum has been just amazing lately. I post, wait two minutes and "refresh" the page--loandbehold there are already two responses!

Hehe...I agree. Check out my sig. :D </font>