Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Forum insanely slow, or is it just me?

At the risk of incurring their wrath, I suspect its the cesspool / peng guys (people?).

Every few days the Peng challenge tops out at X thousand posts, the server slows dramatically, a new thread starts and response times return to "normal" until it reaches the limit. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Goes back to watching for the postman .....

[ October 08, 2002, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

As you are new, I shall be gentle.

You are not the first, and I doubt the last to assume that the Mother Beautiful Thread is responsible for the slowing of the forum, the crisis in the Middle East, and the spread of hoof and mouth disease.

Ok, maybe the disease thing given Mace's proclivity with sheep.

However, we keep the thread at ~300 post max to eliminate this very thing. You see, the original thread was roughly 124 pages and 2,000 posts or so. THAT broke the old board, hence, we police the thread sizes.

Besides, as long-winded as Seanachi is, he has nothing on Rexford going on about armor slopes, and penetration models.

Besides, Steve and Charles like us.....TTTTWWPHHH!!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Yes, it is excrutiatingly slow for me too; I suppose I just made it worse by using up bandwidth and posting about it....

When instead you simply could have sent out a turn?</font>

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Slower than what passes for wit in some of the Peng threads.

Bah! I wave my hand at you.

It is not that wit is lacking in some of the Peng Threads, it is that wit is sometimes lacking in the posters in the Peng Challenge Thread.

And we'll put our halfwits up against the Outer Boarders any day. Helps keep them propped up, as many of them are dead drunk and wouldn't be upright otherwise.

And we at least attempt wit. Bloody little of that out here.

Show me one funny post by Rexford or JasonC!

Not that they aren't fine individuals, mind. But short on the stand-up, certainly.

Originally posted by Wildman:

As you are new, I shall be gentle.

You are not the first, and I doubt the last to assume that the Mother Beautiful Thread is responsible for the slowing of the forum, the crisis in the Middle East, and the spread of hoof and mouth disease.

Silence, Wildman!

We wish this myth to continue.

Yes, the Board was slow because of the Peng Challenge Thread. The fact that now it is fine, and that absolutely nothing different has occured regarding the Peng Challenge Thread is of no significance.

Yes, your prospects in life have been severely curtailed by the Peng Challenge Thread. Yes, 'all the good ones are taken', and that is because of the Peng Challenge Thread.

It's because of Cesspoolers coming here that good Outer Boarders can no longer find jobs!

The economy is in ruins, and you all pay too much taxes because of that shiftless lot of welfare cheaters on the Peng Challenge Thread! Children wouldn't experiment with sex, and there would be no teen pregnancies, if BFC would simply close down that unutterable Cesspool!

Religion in every nation is under siege, and the forces behind it can be found in the Peng Challenge Thread. We also killed John Paul I, and were outraged that his replacement did not choose George Ringo I as his pontifical title. Everyone wants to be named after the bigtime songwriters.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalpyse have been seen drinking beers and laughing in the Peng Challenge Thread. It is well known that every entrance into the Cesspool is guarded by some form of Hell Hound.

In the final days, the members of the Peng Challenge Thread, all of whom have been numbered (gasp! have you not a number as well?!) will tear the very stars from the firmament in their revolt against all that is good and just, and perform juggling tricks and sleight of hand with them.

However, in their defense, let me say this of we of the Peng Challenge Thread:

THERE'S NOT A BLOODY MIME IN THE WHOLE LOT, AND WE WILL NEVER CALL YOU ON A SUNDAY MORNING AND TRY TO SELL YOU CELLULAR SERVICE, A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION, OR A VACATION TIME SHARE!