Arnhem-The Red Devils operation

I started this op as the Germans playing the computer. I'm on battle 3. My question is, am I supposed to use the 2 Pz Grenadier platoons I get to move over the bridge and into Arnhem? I'm not sure what to do.

I saw some screenshots on the Combat Mission HQ that have since been taken down, but one of them showed a PIAT team from that op ambushing a StuG that was moving across the bridge. So I thought from that the Germans would be attacking across the bridge.

Also, the bridge sorta resembles the bridge in the movie A Bridge Too Far, the bridge that the German halftracks attack across.

Originally posted by Bog:

I started this op as the Germans playing the computer. I'm on battle 3. My question is, am I supposed to use the 2 Pz Grenadier platoons I get to move over the bridge and into Arnhem? I'm not sure what to do.

The Brits can win with or without crossing the bridge. As the Germans you want to drive them out.

------------------

"Too much of a good thing...

is wonderful." -- Mae West

I played this op as the British, and found it relatively entertaining. The best part was when I had a Brit Piat team on one side of the bridge, and a Paratroop team on the other side, and they both simultaneously took friendly casualties from each other when a HT crossed between them.