Visit Germany ;-)

Hey guys, I just received this link:

www.bwb.org/Organisation/WTS/Index.htm

(Sorry, german language only).

Anybody who lives in Germany or close to it should visit Koblenz on September 7th 2002! There's going to be a small parade of military vehicles, including a driving StuG III and a Panther ;). Who wouldn't love to hear the roaring Maybach V12???

[ August 07, 2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

That calls for another meeting of the Combat Mission fanatics!

I wonder if Marcus will miss his train again...

BTW Patrick, the movies are great, haven't seen them before. Guess I got stuck at the Chicks With Tanks link.

:D

[ August 07, 2002, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Parabellum , Marcus and all other CM fans from Germany , Belgium , Netherlands etc...

A great chance and a fine location for a BIG CM meeting !!! I´ll be there ( just watched the stunning movies from last years exhibition at " www.jagdtiger.de " and was convinced to go there ).

Can we meet a few hours before ? Where and when ?

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Warphead-:

Mike8g lives in Koblenz btw! ;)

I'm in. Meeting a few hours earlier is fine with me, lots of time for some secret CMBB talking... ;)

Hopefully Mike8g is taking a look in here sooner or later.

Und dann gibt's ja noch die CMBB-Bierkasse... :D

Warphead

Brilliant - Only other time I ever saw mobile WWI German armour was 1961/2 at Bovington Tank Museum, Dorset, England when they restored an Africa Corps PzIII (the 50mm Lang Special) for return to West German tank museum.(Still the Cold War era). I was at the Lulworth Gunnery School training on the old 20pdr Centurions.

Douglas (aka DougieB)

Belfast N.I. UK

Holy sh*t. Not again...

It's going to be further and further up north (Maybe next year we will meet in Finland...).

But a real Panther with the engines running? Can't miss that...

No worries about missing the train this time; as I understand it's a night exhibition (? correct me if I'm wrong) and with a 4 hrs trip back to good ol' Switzerland I will not even make an attempt to get back the same night. Another night in some slow trains and deserted railway stations waiting...

They better keep the "vollfunktionsfähige 100mm Marinegeschützturm" (fully functional 100mm Navy gun turret) away from us, that nobody pulls the trigger after to many beers...but on the other hand we would have the unique opportunity to do some beta testing for CMUB and check the ROF of that baby... :D

See you soon

Marcus

You guys are making me vomit.

I spent three years in Duetschland in the service, but I was young, stupid, and busy, and therefore didn't do any of the swell stuff. Oh, and I was riding around in a Jeep freezing my arse off playing combat MP. Though I was a WWII buff then, I never had the time or opportunity to visit historic WWII sites or anything.

Why why why why why?! I WILL be going back to Germany someday (actually, trying to plan to go for World Cup 2006), and I expect cool events, CMers, and working Panthers when I get there. Meanwhile, no more talking about it in the forum.

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Mike8g lives in Koblenz btw! ;)

I'm in. Meeting a few hours earlier is fine with me, lots of time for some secret CMBB talking... ;)

Hopefully Mike8g is taking a look in here sooner or later.

Und dann gibt's ja noch die CMBB-Bierkasse... :D

Sounds great. The "Crew" shall meet again.

Regarding crowded parking lots around the museum:

I think we should meet somewhere else some hours before and then drive to the museum with fewer vehicles. I have parking space for about 14 vehicles at my house, which is a few hundred meters away from the Autobahn A3 Köln - Frankfurt. From there it's about 35 kilometers to the museum.

I'll send an email with details to the crew of our last meeting.

Marcus

[ August 08, 2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

To recognize the other CM players, we should wear our favorite CM T-Shirt, CM baseball caps, ribbons etc... Maybe BTS needs some merchandising products ;)

Anyway, I'll be the one who freaks out and kisses the ground where the Panther's been driving, praising german technology! So you'll all see me...

hmmmm....

sounds REALLY cool. Any chance to organize a CM:BB sneak preview during saturday?? :D

Gents, please tell us where and when you will meet. There are a few more CM fanatics living in the area, and we (4) are planning to visit the exhibition also.

Thanks!

Hi Guys!

I'm on vacation till Sept.9th. I Might be back in time to scoot on over. I've asked my wife already, but she wasn't thrilled about it. *sigh* Looks like I'll have to beg. Oh well, it'll be worth it to see the guys again, and the tanks too. Not to mention the Civil War reenactors!

Time to beg. *gets on knees*...Honey...honey! can I pleeeeeease..... ;)

Cheers

Chris

Originally posted by panzeranklopfgeraet:

Hi Guys!

I'm on vacation till Sept.9th. I Might be back in time to scoot on over. I've asked my wife already, but she wasn't thrilled about it. *sigh* Looks like I'll have to beg. Oh well, it'll be worth it to see the guys again, and the tanks too. Not to mention the Civil War reenactors!

Time to beg. *gets on knees*...Honey...honey! can I pleeeeeease..... ;)

Cheers

Chris

HAHAHAHA, Chris I love you member name - "Panzeranklopfgerät" (is this a PaK?)- HAHAHA, great, I am peeing my pants smile.gif :cool: smile.gif :cool:

[ August 10, 2002, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: Ozzy ]

Ozzy,

"Panzeranklopfgerät" was a mocking nickname given to the early versions of PAKs (e.g. 3,7cm) after they've become obsolete, as the only thing they're usable for was to knock on those tanks.

Panzer= tank

anklopf(en)= to knock on (e.g. one someone's door)

gerät= device

Marcus

Originally posted by Madmatt:

DOH! I am supposed to be in Germany on the 10th! Had I known I would have changed my travel plans and arrived earlier. Oh well...Take lots of video for me!

Madmatt

YES COME EARLIER, CARRY A CM:BB COPY AND WE WILL HOST A GERMAN CM:BB SNEAK PREVIEW ONLY 40 MILES FROM KOBLENZ DURING SATURDAY, THEN GO TO THE EXHIBITION!!!

PLEEEEAASE!!!

I have been at the museum today and collected some info about the event on September 7th.

The presentation will start at 17:00 and ends 01:00.

Time schedule:

17:00 Opening and concert with the Luftwaffenmusikkorps 2 (Airforce music corps)

18:00 Presentation of modern and historic tanks in action

19:00 Concert of the US-Army Brass Quintett

20:00 Presentation of German Army Dogs Training School

21:00 Presentation of modern and historic tanks in action (again)

whole day

- Presentation of communication equipment and a 100mm naval gun turret

- Presentation of scale models

- Special exhibition "100 years development of scopes - the infantryman of the future"

- Guided tours through the river patrol boat "MAGNUM"

01:00 end of the event

Marcus

[ August 15, 2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]