Public Demand: Who wants to see Titans of TH, RD, BoB clashing?

Hmmm....I wasn't aware Skelley was interested. I must have missed the post.

Right now I have six. The deadline has arrived. Fionn has asked for a 24 hour extension, which I granted. I might as well give SurlyBen the same 24 hours.

GravesRegistration and Skelley are on the wait list, in that order. If Fionn and SurlyBen are both out then Graves and Skelley are both in. We'll know in 24 hours.

Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I have any place posting to this thread but... :D

I don't care for the rulesets as I like to mix things up or at least have the opportunity too do so. Sometimes I want to go with a light recon type force and other times try to use a cornerstone type defense with something big like a jumbo/76 or tiger.

I dont need unlimited so I can bust out some crazy formula to win, rather I prefer unlimited as it adds another dimension to the mental game between foes. I like the paranoia associated with what my nemesis might be bringing to the table.

My problem with ladders isn't what other ladders players are doing, it's what being a ladder player does to my psyche. The game itself becomes secondary to the "ladder game" as domination becomes my desired goal. Enjoyment goes down, stress goes up smile.gif

I play hard and try to win but want to keep it as a game

btw I think you guys in the spotlight might have this as an issue more than the rest of us due to the larger number of people you play, and their desire to topple the best.

Any ideas of time tables ?

As I understand some of us are having their vacations (me, me, ME, ME!!! at the moments that is :D ) or some suchs this/next month.

Anyway I'll be riding my bikey for two, three weeks in July well out of reach to any computers (Lappland and northern Norway to be exact) and thus my start with these fights will be rather slow :( ... I hope that isn't a problem ;) ... but if you don't here from me for a month count me as MIA - down a mountain deep into see swimming with the fish or something like that.

Other than that I can hardly wait to go toe to toe with the guys - Titans to you, Monsters to each other LOL

What Aki, The Mad Finn, is really saying, is that he is returning to visit his kinfolk, deep in the ancestral forests of Northern Finland. For you see, Aki is part Troll and consorts with wood spirits. How else can you explain the way his infantry fights in the deep depths of the woods? They vanish like mist when you try to locate them, but then appear in the place you least expect them, howling like demons, tearing your troops to shreds. And if you look close, you will see trolls mixed in with his troops, wielding half a tree in each hand, bashing your grunts into pulp, but then you blink and they are gone. All that is left are your troops routing and fleeing in terror, while those left dead are quickly consumed by the creeping undergrowth.

smile.gif LOL

I can't wait to play Aki when he has his Finns in CMBB. I hope there are settings for very, very rugged, very, very marshy, very, very wooded troll terrain ;)

Hehehe.

OK, SurlyBen is a no-show so GravesRegistration gets the slot if he's still interested. I'll email him within the hour.

As for a timetable, I have lots of work to do. I have to build these scenarios for one thing. I will probably work the maps over quite a bit too (without changing the "flavor" of the map, of course). I'm also going on vacation from July 11-17.

Let's just say I'll keep this tourney high on my priority list and we'll see what happens. I think I can be passing out games sometime next week. With all the vacations we won't worry about a tourney completion date for now. Just play when you can, and make sure your opponents are notified when you can't.

Check this thread a couple times per week!!

Treeburst155 out.

Ah, I just checked the boards. Now I see the deadline. oops. My bad. I suppose that's what I get for not checking here for a week. smile.gif Sorry about missing that. I know going to alternates at the beginning is better than having to find one mid tourney, but still... Apologies to the tournament organizers, and best of luck to everyone else.

Cheers

Surlyben

Mike,

Well, seeing as Surly just made the mistake of not checking the forum regularly ( and presumably has learnt his lesson now ;) ) shouldn't he still retain his place?

After all, I don't think it was stated anywhere that participants MUST check the forum every couple of days ... although if it is stated now then that's how it should be from now on.

My problem is I don't want to tell someone who asked to play, who is also qualified (a Titan), who I then invited to fill a slot, that they can't play now. If SurlyBen's email had come three hours sooner, I would not have offerred GravesRegistration the spot. Once done, however, I don't think it's right to go back on the offer.

With GravesRegistration we have eight players. We could go to 10 and let SurlyBen and Skelley in, but we would be talking nine games per player. That's getting a bit ambitious I think.

I looked over the parameters forms today. This is going to take some time to put together. I'm probably going to need some clarification on purchase rules and perhaps the scenarios themselves from some of you. In general though, they look good.

When I send out the game files, I will send the appropriate parameters form also. The forms will serve as the players' briefings and rules reference.

I'll be working on these scenarios. Keep in mind I have seven of them, and I want to do a good job on them, so be patient. Apparently, I've come down with a mild case of Real Life this week too. I've doubled my daily dose of various vitamins in hopes I can fight off the Real Life infection quickly.

Treeburst155 out.

I say don't worry about me. Real life seems to be cutting in on my CM playing a lot lately, and it is likely to continue doing so at least until the end of July. So it's probably for the best, because it means slow going for any PBEM I happen to be in. But fortunately it is the good kind of real life (new job, new apartment, etc...), and not the bad.

I'm back in town for few days so if you have anything to ask about my battle parameters good chap Treeburst please do so as I'm off again from Thursday for a fortnight...

So anybody playing me (or going to play me) take your time to set things up as I'm off pretty far up north. Total road trip should be about 2500 km or 1500 miles and it will take some time ;) you know.