Nordic Wannabee Tournament - Redux

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by redwolf:

Cooper and me had last exchange Feb 5. Looks alife to me.

Thanks for a good and hard game, ytinghellfish. BTW, where does your nickname come from. I always fail to remember it.

Wouldn't it be from that Simpsons episode? The Fightin' Hellfish was the unit "Grandpa Simpson" commanded in WW2.

Oh, and BTW, when are the results for this whole thing coming out?

I will updating my scoresheet tomorrow morning (twelve hours or so). At that time, if there are any players who have completed all their games I will make the scoresheet available to those players. I have five game results to record in my Wannabee email at this time.

When a scenario has been completed by all the players in the tournament (not just the section), the results for that scenario will be posted to this thread.

All these results I'm talking about will be raw CM scores. Tourney scores cannot be calculated until everyone has finished all their games.l

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by The Commissar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

Cooper and me had last exchange Feb 5. Looks alife to me.

Thanks for a good and hard game, ytinghellfish. BTW, where does your nickname come from. I always fail to remember it.

Wouldn't it be from that Simpsons episode? The Fightin' Hellfish was the unit "Grandpa Simpson" commanded in WW2.

Oh, and BTW, when are the results for this whole thing coming out?</font>

fytinghellfish and Redwolf,

One of you needs to send me the results for your game.

I have updated my results sheet. A quick glance tells me there are five or six of you who have finished all five games. If you are one of these people, and would like the updated results sheet sent to you in .wks or .txt format, email me. Please specify the format you need. Don't ask for the results if you haven't finished the tourney. I'll be double-checking before I send you the final scores. ;)

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

When a scenario has been completed by all the players in the tournament (not just the section), the results for that scenario will be posted to this thread.

Remember that this can only be done once a scenario has been played by all players in both tournaments, this and the original Nordic Championships.

Hi all,

Combined Arms and yours truly are in the last turn of our game.

So, I´ve played all my games.

Treeburst155, would you please send the results as a .txt file to my email, if possible.

BTW, are there any new tournaments around, which I can join ?

Scheer out

Hello!

I'm back from my snowboard vacation with minor injuries, but it wont stop me from finishing my games. Are there any new deadline set considering the replacements?

P.S. And yes, i saw a boxed version of CM:BO in one german supermarket. I touched it! And smelled! And licked! Oh what a feeling! The box was with the game splash screen on front side and various ingame shots on the back.

A short intermediate thanks to all those who have written and sent AARs so far. Reading them is both very entertaining and educational.

After the tourney is over I will put some of the best AARs available for downloads on the net. If you want to spice up your text a few nice screenshots make a big difference.

If it is possible for you, please use PDF since it is can be read on a computer running any operating system. (If some of the best AARs are not PDF then I will do the conversion myself before I make them available for download.)

I am rebuilding my server and will probably not answer moves until Wednesday evening. The original plan was to do it after the tourney, but now it had to be.

Treeburst, I plan to send all AARs at once after the last game because I want to make a fifth report comparing expectations and outcome for all scenarios. Is that OK or do you and the designers have a preference to get them as I end the games?